Thursday, December 21, 2006

Back to Writing

As much fun as the contest was I really missed writing here daily. It was like I was being detoxed from blogging. I hated it. So it's back to writing about the everyday things that are going on.

Yesterday my boss forced me to attend a training. It was here at our office, but I was still miserable the entire time. This training had been on the calender since August and when I asked my boss if I had to attend since I only have 3 weeks left he said, "but you have a whole career ahead of you." Damn. Normally I wouldn't mind attending workshops, but I had just been through this training one year ago and I knew everything that was covered. In fact the tool that we were being trained on I use on a daily basis. I probably could have taught this class. So I sat for 8 hours with people that were driving me nuts. Here are some of the things that went on during the training:

*The lady behind me coughed the entire time. The tables/chairs were so close that every time she coughed I could feel it in my hair. I kept hearing her say, "I don't' think I am sick, but I have this cough". By 4pm I was wondering if she maybe had TB.

*The lady next to me was a very big lady. She apparently had no sense of boundaries because she was completely in my space and it was driving me nuts. She kept getting up which meant I had to get up in order for her to get around my chair. I wanted to tell her, "just sit and listen"

*About 30 minutes into the training this one guy got up and went to the bathroom in the hall and proceeded to throw up. I was sitting at the table right by the door that went to this bathroom. I thought I was going to throw up myself.

*The guy sitting in front of me looked exactly like my ex husband from the back. I sat and stared at his head thanking God that I am not with my ex anymore.

*I don't know how many people didn't listen and the would ask a question that the instructor had just answered. You would think we were in middle school and couldn't listen. Please listen. The less questions asked the sooner we will be let out.

*A guy that was across the room obviously has a hearing problem. 3 times during the training his watch started beeping and it took someone pointing it out to him that it was beeping.

So that was my Wednesday. It's amazing how tired you get from just sitting. I was exhausted by the time I got home.

Is anyone else as excited about Christmas as I am?? I am looking forward to having 3 days off this weekend and then just working a 3 day week next week. I think Laura and I are going to go see "The Pursuit of Happyness" on Saturday. That movie looks so good. Tuesday night we watched "Little Miss Sunshine". Oh.My.God. That is the best movie. I loved it. I think that is one that I would like to own. If you haven't seen it you must go see it.

Tonight we off to see my oldest nephew. This is my brothers oldest boy from his first marriage. His Mom is more then ok with me and lets me see him. I haven't written about it before, but his Mom said it was fine that I talked about it on my blog. Knowing my parents read my blog I didn't want to write anything that would affect my nephew in a negative way. My nephew is 12 (I still can't believe that) and is growing up so fast. I love spending time with him and my favorite thing is when Laura and I pull up to his house and he comes running out cause he is so excited to see us. That's love. We actually get to see him a lot since he lives in the same small town as Laura's parents. Whenever we can we stop and see him and of course spoil him.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your parents read your blog? Holy crap! How weird is that? They won't speak to you but they will read you? I'm pretty sure there's some JW regulation against that sweetie. Sheesh...

I am so glad that you get to see your nephew! What a special joy that must be. I'm looking forward to movie viewing over the long weekend myself!

Merry Christmas!

Cheryl Wray said...

OMG! That is so funny (i.e., disturbing) about all the sick people in the meeting. The coughing in your hair. Ugh! But had to make me laugh a little bit . . .
Have a wonderful Christmas!!!

Casey said...

I know exactly what you mean about trainings. When I was working outside the home I really disliked training days and workshops. Just let me do my job. :) Sorry you had to deal with obnoxious people on top of not even wanting to be there.

I second what Traci says - it's weird that your parents read your blog but won't speak with you. If they are interested in what is happening in your life, then they should pick up a phone or visit with you. How crazy.

I'm glad youa re getting to see your nephew. Enjoy every minute. His mom sounds like a good person. :)

Caroline said...

traci--it is amazing that they want to read my blog, but they wont talk to me. I question a lot of their reasoning

cheryl--thanks for stopping by. hope you have a great christmas as well

casey--i felt i didn't need this training since i only have 3 weeks left. my thoughts exactly about my family reading my blog. if they really want to know they can just ask me on the phone. they are crazy.

Monogram Queen said...

Awww i'm so glad you get to spend time with your beloved nephew and if your parents read your blog they can read THIS.
You people raised a wonderful, loving, caring, good daughter and you SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THE WAY YOU HAVE TREATED HER AND CONTINUE TO DO SO.
GOD DON'T LIKE UGLY.
I'M QUITE SURE JEHOVAH DON'T LIKE UGLY EITHER.

Monogram Queen said...

Oh and I would have totally reached back and back-handed the lady coughing in my hair. Gah.

Andi said...

Okay, I have to admit that you had me laughing about your training meeting. I would have been so grossed out with the guy throwing up and someone coughing in my hair! Can't believe they expected you to attend.

I also can't believe your parents read your blog. Now if my Mom were still alive...she would probably have her own blog. But she was a throughly modern, totally cool woman...an artist. But if your parents don't care to speak to you or share their lives with you...why in the world do they want to read your blog??? Go figure!

I'm so glad you're excited about Christmas!!! I'm excited about Christmas too!!! Hope yours is wonderful!

Minnesota Nice said...

That sounds like the worst training day ever. Blech!!

I hate to say it but your parents probably don't read your blog because they want to know how you're doing...they probably take the details back to their group, get sympathy from their fellow 'church' members, and 'pray' for you.

But you're taking care of yourself, your new family, your beautiful animals, home, and soon will have a killer new job...you're the one who's on track.

Caroline said...

patti--thank you so much for your kind words. We so heart you in. I did the recap of my training just for you

andi--my parents just want to see if i fail. they don't care about what i am doing...just being nosey

sandra--you are so right. laura and i are the ones right on track while my parents have gotten so lost in hate and their religion