Friday, November 24, 2006

Prayers for my Best Friend



This morning we had to rush Sophie to the vet after finding what appears to be a cyst-tumor under her right front leg. As we were putting up our Christmas tree Laura noticed a white/bloody mass sticking out. We immediately took her to the vet. We had to leave her because they were completely booked today and would look at her sometime this afternoon.

All of this came up very sudden. Sophie, who is around 60lbs thinks she is a lap dog so she is always on the couch with us and we always are scratching her all over. Two days ago she did not have this on her leg. It doesn't appear to bother her and she doesn't seem to be in any pain. But still...I worry and I worry a lot. I don't think I could handle losing my baby right now. Sophie was always there with others weren't. She is my best friend.

Please say lots of prayers for Sophie (and me) right now. We really need them right now. She just can't leave me right now.

**Update 3:00PM: The vet called and said that it is NOT a cyst, but a very bad staph infection. The vet said that when they first looked at it they thought it was a cyst, but after they shaved the area they realized that it was just a very bad infection and with the skin hanging over it the way it was it looked like a cyst. She now has to wear a "helmet" so she doesn't scratch the area any more, is on 2 weeks of antibiotics and we have to do water therapy to the area. She is not happy about the helmet and it feels like we have a toddler walking around the house knocking everything over. (pictures coming soon) But the good news is she is ok and should be over this in a few weeks. **

16 comments:

One Messed Up Chick said...

You will both be in my thoughts and prayers! ((((hugs))))

yankeegirl said...

Praying for you both!
take care

Monogram Queen said...

Honey I am definitely sending good vibes to you and Soph. I know how important pets are. Hopefully it is just a benign cyst. Keep us posted. (((HUGS)))

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Glad to know that Sophie is going to be ok. Yet another reason to be grateful this Thanksgiving.

Caroline said...

eye--thank you for your prayers

yankeegirl--thank you so much

patticake--we got such good news today..whew!!

ragged--you are so right about another reason to be thankful this year

Kitty said...

Oh Im glad you already know what was going on. That's great news.

Give her a hug and kiss for me.

My phone call wasnt as good of news as yours, Sue called me today and my little female Curly Sue died last night.

SassyFemme said...

Oh I'm so glad she'll be okay! Still keeping her (and you/Laura) in my thoughts/prayers.

Caroline said...

kitty--oh, i am so sorry about your little girl puppy. i know you guys were really looking forward to bringing her home

traci--we are also happy that she is ok

sassy--thank you so much for the prayers.

Wendy and Karen said...

Whew! Nothing like a scare to get that heart a pumpin! We're so glad it's treatable and Sophie is on the road to recovery!

Monogram Queen said...

Yay Yippee Hurry! I am SO glad to hear this! Good thing you got it quickly too. Staph infections can turn nasty. Hugs to Sophie dog!

Caroline said...

wendy&karen--it was a huge relief that it was not a tumor. but we still have a couple of weeks before she is out of the woods

patti--sophie dog sends you lots of hugs too

Zoe said...

Glad to hear she will be okay. Pet emergancies are so scary.

Casey said...

I'm glad to hear that she is going to be ok. These pets of ours sure know how to break our hearts, don't they?

*sigh*

Caroline said...

zoe--yes pet emergencies are so scary. i always feel so helpless

casey--yes they do know how to break our hearts, but they also know how to bring so much love into our lives.

Lynilu said...

I can't believe that I "checked out" so long that I didn't know about Sophie!!! I haven't read blogs until this evening. Give her a hug from me, please!!!!

Caroline said...

lynilu--you didn't know this, but she has aleady gotten lots of hugs from you. i knew if you knew you would want us to give her hugs. thankfully she is doing much better