Friday, October 06, 2006

We're Getting Out of Dodge



This weekend we are off to go camping. We held our breath earlier this week because it got cold again and we had to turn the heat back on. Luckily it has warmed up and we should have perfect temps and weather.

We are all packed and just waiting for my day at work to be over. I emailed my boss asking him if I could leave a little early since we are going camping and we really want to set up our tent before dark. I am hoping he will read my email and feel sorry for us having to set the tent up in the dark if I stay until the end of the day.

Last night I went to Weight Watchers for my weekly weight in. Not only was it 2 days earlier then I was suppose to go, but I was going in the evening instead of the morning. I still lost .6 lbs. Not as much as I wanted, but the lady reassured me that she is sure I lost more since I was coming in the evening and in my work clothes. She said that there can be as much as 2 lbs difference from your weight in the morning and the night. Whew. I got on the scale this morning and it was 3 lbs lighter then when I went in yesterday.

We decided that this weekend we are not going to follow our new lifestyle completely. Here is our menu for this weekend:

Tonight dinner: Chicken breast sandwich (good)
Breakfast tomorrow: Pop Tarts (not bad, but not too good)
Lunch: Subway sandwich (very good), Cheetos Puffs (not good)
Dinner Tomorrow: Hot dogs roasted on the fire (not good, but a lot of fun)
Desert: Smores (not good)
Breakfast: Pop Tarts (not good)

Oh well. Thankfully we have 6 days until we go back to Weight Watchers next Saturday. I am sure we will burn lots of calories chasing the dog around, tending to the fire, and of course the dreaded trips to the bathroom. If the temps drop too much at night we will burn calories shivering as well.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and I will be back to bloggerland with lots of pictures of our adventure on Sunday.

**Update 11:15am***
Just got an email from boss saying I could leave at 2pm. Looks like we will be able to set the tent up in daylight and enjoy the campfire this evening instead of unpacking.

7 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Hope y'all have a WONDERFUL time camping! Hey try the fat-free hot dogs. I honestly like them (and fat free plain Lays potato chips) better than regular ones.
Keep up the better eating habits and maybe, just maybe, you'll inspire me. God, I need it!

Trop said...

Pop Tarts? That's cheating.

You two gotta get you some pie irons and make a bona fide camp breakfast.

One Messed Up Chick said...

Have a great weekend! Be safe!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time and take lots of photos to taunt us with...errrr I mean "share with us" next week. :)

I'm so envious! Though while you are camping we'll be enjoying a day at the pumpkin patch which isn't too shabby. :)

Seriously though - have a fantastic time!!

Caroline said...

patticake--we hate the fat free hot dogs and we decided if we are really going to enjoy them why not go all out. i may have second thoughts come next saturday when i have to weigh in.

trop--i went to that site and that sure looks good. maybe we'll try that next year

onecrazylady--thanks

casey--have a good time at the pumpkin patch. that sure sounds like a lot of fun. will take lots of pictures.

Anonymous said...

Have fun! What a great weekend for camping.

Did you know they make baked Cheetos now? I like them better than the regular ones, and I end up buying them at work every week. (luckily I only go into the office once a week!)

SassyFemme said...

Have a great weekend! Your menu all sounds yummy! How about poptarts toasted over the fire?