Thursday, October 19, 2006

Retail Therapy

What's a girl to do when she is completely down about the not passing a very important test involving her job? Why go shopping!! Here are the things I bought today to help my hurting heart.


A new laptop. We have been talking about getting one and with Laura's new job she really needed one. We opted to buy the wireless kit so we can use the laptop anywhere. And for just $9 (normally $150) the Geek Squad will come out to install everything and hook both computers up, etc. So by next week I will be blogging from my couch. I can't wait.



I then opted for a snack that would fill the void of a passing test exam. Zingers did just that for me. After a casual lunch (which by the way was DELICIOUS) I decided that I needed something to snack on while watching Oprah. These hit the spot.
And finally, we bought our airline tickets for our trip to Florida in April. We checked on the prices a few weeks ago and the airline we took last April wanted $750 per ticket. Forget it. So we opted for an earlier flight, on a different airline and we get in an hour earlier then the original airline we looked at. Plus the price hit our checkbook just perfectly. Now that we have our airline tickets and our little cottage securely booked, it's all a go for Florida in April.
I have to say my day of retail therapy did me very well. I am already counting the days to the Florida vacation. One week on the beach with the warm sun and the love of my life next to me will be my perfect moment.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Sounds like you had a better afternoon in the end.

Lynilu said...

Well, now! Problem solved!!

Monogram Queen said...

Jost focus on those good things and not passing that pesky little test just won't matter as much. Have a great week-end girls!

One Messed Up Chick said...

At least the weekend is here! I hope you both enjoy it!

Trop said...

Sucks about the test. I loathe tests.

One of our laptops is on the fritz... the network card isn't working. Sucks. Last year the hard drive fried. Rather than pay for a new laptop, I'm trying to get the consultants to buy me one.

Then our DSL modem stopped working over the weekend... I bought a replacement that is a modem and wireless hub all in one. That cost $100... it's always something. Sucks.

Caroline said...

kristie--the afternoon went much better

lynilu--exactly. shopping solves all problems.

traci--thanks

patticake--i plan on having a great weekend

onecrazylady--yea, but i have to work saturday.

trop--well, i was excited, but after reading your comment maybe i should rethink that.