Saturday, October 21, 2006

And on the 7th day SHE rested...

Wow, what a whirlwind of a week this has been. I have been going nonstop since last Sunday and I am beyond exhausted. The week started out with being overloaded at work. With my favorite co-worker (ever) leaving and my boss going out of town for the week for a conference, left just me to take all the calls from individuals this past week. I also had someone start attending my pre-treatment group and I actually had clients show up for assessments. All this equals one busy worker. I was out of the office on Thursday (for my test) and then early Friday morning I had to be on the other side of town for a 8:30am meeting. This particular meeting lasted 4 hours. Once back to the office I checked my voice mail and had, get this, 18 new messages. It took me til I left at 4:00 to return all the calls.

Then Friday night the whole family got together to celebrate Laura's Dad's birthday. It was fun having everyone together. It took a lot to get everyone's schedule just right. After dinner and then some shopping afterwards, we didn't get home until close to 10pm.

Then this morning I had to be back at work at 9am for our staff/board retreat. I am still trying to figure why the staff was there. Most of what they were saying was way over my head. But the lunch was good. There were two board members that had hearing aids and they constantly said, "huh, can you speak up". I got tired of hearing them say that after the second time.

On my way to work I stopped for my morning bagel. It had been since Wednesday since I had had a bagel. My body was so desperately needing one. As usual I had no cash so I used my debit card. The lady told me it was saying, "over the limit". WHAT???? She tried it one more time and still nothing. Luckily I had my one credit card on me and used that. As soon as I got into my car I called the bank to check my balance. Our available balance was $410.00. I was thinking it must have been a computer error. I called Laura and she said she would check into it. At 10:30 when I was on my first break I called her and found out what was going on. We had bought our airline tickets with our debit card and they charged us for the tickets, plus the price of 4 more. Well, not charged us, but held the funds that would equal another $1200. WTF!!!! Well, the funds to the airline had already cleared so the bank quickly lifted the hold on those funds. Here are my concerns with that:
1) I had no idea that the airline could do that to our account
2) I had no idea they could legally hold onto more then what we charged

It's all cleared up now, but from now on any airline tickets will be bought with our regular credit card. We keep any money we know we aren't using in our savings for this exact reason. I would hate for the airline to get a hold of our money and then "forget" to credit us back.

Luckily Laura was available to take care of that this morning otherwise I would have been pissed having to wait until Monday to take care of this. I got out of my conference at 2pm and headed home.

Oh, one more thing: my boss was there today and I told him about the test results. I think he was a little disappointed, but not in me. He is upset that this test is made so hard that it's almost impossible to pass. He said he has never known anyone that has gotten above a 72. Makes NO sense to me. So it looks like I still have a job. Whew!!!

Now my weekend can officially start.

3 comments:

One Messed Up Chick said...

I knew you would still have a job, but I am happy to hear that! Relax and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Lynilu said...

I'm glad you have a job, I'm glad you have a laptop, I'm glad you have money in the bank, and I'm glad you have Laura!

Monogram Queen said...

I'm very relieved your boss was so nice about the test. He very easily could have been an ass and it's not as if you didn't feel bad enough yourself!