Friday, October 27, 2006

Reflections

Thank you all for your comments. I will be the first that yes, maybe I over-reacted a little. But those of you that are fairly new to this blog need to realize there is history with ELF.

When we were 14 we went to camp together. I guess you could say we were "going out", whatever that means at that age. We lost touch over the years and then last August I found his blog. He was civil for the first few weeks and then he suddenly started throwing his views down my throat. He has been rude, crude and just a complete asshole. The only solution I found to this was to tell him maybe we should just forget we ever met up again. He agreed. But through the this past year he continues to stop in just to start shit. It's very typical of him to do this.

I realize there was no real threat (that he made) against our life. But would you want your blog linked to a website where the topic is "Executing gays to prevent the spread of disease"? I know I don't. I emailed ELF and simply told him "please take the link to my blog off your comment". There was no reason to put a link to my blog in his comment. He could have gotten his point out without linking it to my blog. I have no idea who will read his comments and I don't want people coming to my blog from that link. My wishes are very simple.

In our family Laura is known as the one that can express best through words. Here is her comment from my previous post.

Caroline and I had an extensive conversation regarding this particular comment and the link to the blog. Though neither of us believe we are in harms' way, the whole situation is irritating because of the numerous requests to simply go away. The blog where the link is provided is certainly not the traffic Caroline was expecting to attract with her everyday musings about our family. You'll note most of her entries are not so much political statements but more casual, mundane things common to anyone, regardless of sexuality. Yet, one of the great qualities of this country is the freedom of speech--used responsibly. I believe in this day and age to disseminate this kind of message, violence against any group, without the humanitarian plea for tolerance is abuse. Spread the word of understanding rather than, "Hey, in some places you'd be killed and it's okay in that culture." To this am I suppose to say thank you for sparing my life and I appreciate the bit of tolerance you've offered to placate me. Hardly. Laura

Enough said. Time to move on.

8 comments:

Minnesota Nice said...

Ugh, your annoying little ELF, who really more of a TROLL, is leaving his hateful spew over at my place now. I deleted him. Will do from now on, I think that's the best way to get rid of him.

Caroline said...

sandra--i am so sorry. he is such a little maggot that just annonys the hell out of people. again, i am sorry that he is moving on to people that support me.

SassyFemme said...

Laura, you're a VERY eloquent writer!

Caroline said...

sassyfemme--i just love the way laura can express herself through words. my goal one day is to write as well as she does. i have a long way to go.

Wendy and Karen said...

Well said all around. You guys are awesome and I really do hope the gnat's link (which it doesn't sound like he intends to remove) doesn't cause you to receive unwanted nastiness.

Kitty said...

That totally cracks me up.

One minute he (ELF aka TROLL aka ASSHOLE OF THE YEAR) says he doesnt give a pee-wit (by the way, what the f*ck is a pee-wit) about you, and then states he would spend a lifetime defending you?

I don't feel is intent was to threaten you. I think his ego has been hurt, and he is trying to come to terms with having been attracted to a lesbian when he was a teenager. LOL

As far as you needing to fear your safety, this is why I do not state real names, or my location on my blogs. There are too many weirdos in this world.

It also makes me uncomfortable that my sister's name is openly stated. I feel with you two being young women and living in a society who does not completely welcome your lifestyle, you make it too easy to become a target for those who are filled with hatred to inflict harm your way.

I love you both, keep yourself safe. I'm not sure you realize just what kind of hate still boils in our society against gays/lesbians.

Kitty said...

Oh and one other thing....

TO ALL CAROLINE'S FRIENDS WHO LOVES LAURA'S ABILITY TO WRITE SO ELOQUENTLY, AND HOW SHE CAN EXPRESS HERSELF IN WORDS SO BEAUTIFULLY.

I will take credit for that.... THANK YOU, for I was the one who taught the little shit to read and write! Isn't she great?

Love, Kitty
(Laura's big sister, who used to stuff dad's dirty socks in her mouth to get her to shut up, she had no choice but to learn to write to express herself!) roflmao

Caroline said...

wendy&karen--we are hoping there are no unwanted guests due to the link, but we will just cross that brdige if we have to

kitty--we don't feel we have to hide who we are because we are gay because we are not in the closet and will never go back in the closet for anyone. thanks for your concern.btw, we do know what kind of hate is out there. elf is a prime example.