Monday, October 09, 2006

Orinial Menu VS Actual Menu

On Friday I posted what our menu was for the weekend. We didn't stick to that exactly, but we were pretty close. Here is the menu I said we were sticking to on Friday and then below is the actual menu:

Original Menu:

Tonight dinner: Chicken breast sandwich (good)
Breakfast tomorrow: Pop Tarts (not bad, but not too good)
Lunch: Subway sandwich (very good), Cheetos Puffs (not good)
Dinner Tomorrow: Hot dogs roasted on the fire (not good, but a lot of fun)
Desert: Smores (not good)
Breakfast: Pop Tarts (not good)

Actual Menu:

Friday Dinner: Chicken breast sandwich
Friday evening snack: 1 Pop Tart
Breakfast Saturday: Sausage biscuit and 3 small donuts. Note: We got up Saturday morning and needed fire wood and decided it was way too cold to have cold pop tarts. And the hot sausage biscuits were just too tempting. While we were paying we noticed a package of 6 small chocolate donuts. We figured it wasn't that bad if we split it.
Lunch Saturday: Subway Sandwich and Cheetos Puffs
Dinner Saturday: Hot dogs roasted on the fire. Note: they were as good as we remembered them to be
Desert Saturday: Smores. OH-MY-GOD it was delicious. Just one was enough for both of us.
Sunday Breakfast: Again too cold for a cold pop tart so we had breakfast at Sonic on the way home

We got a lot of exercise while we were there. Walking the dog, chasing her around and rescuing her from the "big bad dog leash". I don't know how many times she wrapped herself around the tree 3 times and you could see she was struggling. Sometimes she is so smart and then other times I wonder what she thinks.

So all of this burned off calories. We actually think we did pretty good for the weekend. We could have done a lot worse.

This morning I had my regular 3 month visit at the doctor. I am down 8 lbs from when I was there in August and 1 lb from when I weighed in at Weight Watchers on Thursday. Not bad if I say myself. My doctor was very happy that I started Weight Watchers. I kept telling her how just the little bit of weight that I have lost has made a huge difference with my back. My blood pressure was 110/80, which is excellent. They of course took a bunch of blood work to see what my sugar levels are. I should have the results in about 3 days.My doctor was impressed that when I am checking my sugars they are very low. After a meal they should be below 180 and mine have been coming in under 100. She actually was a little concerned and cut my diabetes medicine in half saying that if I keep up the weight loss I will probably be off all meds in six months. YEA for me.

I really think we had the last weekend for nice weather. Woke up this morning to a very cold house, so the heat is again back on. Watching the weather last night they were saying that Thursday morning we should have our first freeze. It's suppose to rain on Wednesday and they said if it is still raining come Thursday morning then we could have flurries. I can't believe it was 85 yesterday and now they are talking about flurries.

9 comments:

One Messed Up Chick said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Looks like sophie had a good time too! Way to go about the good doctors visit! :) Have a great week!

Lynilu said...

The weather is certainly changing. It started raining here sometime in the early morning, and by the time I was out of bed, it was beginning to puddle. It has continued to fall since then, varying between drizzle and a steady downpour. Since we are rural, the roads become a matter of concern. It was cold enough that it snowed on the Sierra Blanca, about 15 miles from here. I believe it is winter.

I'm glad you're doing so well with your health. It eases my mind a lot. :-)

Minnesota Nice said...

If you can find it at your grocery store, Weight Watchers makes bread that's like 90 calories for 2 slices...and it's good bread. 2 slices of that toasted w/ 2 boiled eggs is a good dieting breakfast, probably a bit more satisfying than poptarts too, although poptarts are yummy :)

SassyFemme said...

You guys are doing much better wtih the healthy eating than we are. We try, especially because of Fran's diabetes, but dessert at night is definitely our downfall.

Anonymous said...

Yay -- good doctor's visit! Keep up the good work.

We haven't turned on our heat yet. This may be the week.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend and great job onhe weight loss! Here's hoping you are off yourmeds soon. :)

Caroline said...

onecrazylady--sophie has a very good time.

lynilu--from the sounds of it the weather can play a huge role in if you go out or not

sandra--pop tarts was just for the camping trip. we usually never eat them. we just thought they would be easy and not require cooking

sassyfemme--deserts are our downfall as well. we usually get the munchies around 8pm

amy--laura hates the cold weather, so if it gets below 50 at night the heat usually comes on

casey--i just keep thinking of all the $$ we will save by not having the rx's or all the dr's appts

Kitty said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time. Keep up the good work on the diet! We want you off those meds!

Monogram Queen said...

I think ya'll did good also food-wise. Just keep it up. One step at a time :)
I can't like snow flurries.