Wednesday, October 11, 2006

From the Past

There are certain days when I hear a song and think back to the days that seemed so simple. My only worry was having enough daylight to play oustide with my friends, will I get to play tetherball today, etc.

Today I found one of my all time favorite songs on Youtube. I love this song. I have talked about it before and Laura and I have even said this is one of our songs. It's one that if you do hear it on the radio (the Oldies station) you sing at the top of your lungs when you hear it. Upon watching this clip on youtube I noticed some similiarities in the female singer and myself when I was a child. Here are the pictures of me as a child and then a link to the song. Tell me if you see the similiarties.
I am the little blonde on the far right side. Notice the hairstyle that I have. This picture was probably taken in 1980.

Here I am with my brother and cousins. I am the one with her arms folded smiling. Again, notice the hairstyle. This picture was probably also taken around 1980.

Now here's the clip of the song. Please feel free to sing out loud when you hear this song. I promise you will feel so much better after singing the song.

4 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

You were adorable!!! I can't listen to the song or do video at work but love the way-back-when pics!

One Messed Up Chick said...

What cute pictures :)

Wendy and Karen said...

Oh my sweet Toni Tennille! Thank you for sharing this one...I love it! I actually had a hat like Captain's! Between this song and Muskrat Love I about drove my mother nuts.

Truly, this makes my day! :)

- Karen

Anonymous said...

Is that what they called the "Dorothy Hamill" hairstyle? I used to have the same one!!