Saturday, September 23, 2006

Starting a New Life

I have become a member of another cult. This morning Laura and I went to Weight Watchers to begin our new life. I went about 4 years ago and it was successful, so we thought we would give it another shot. We then went to the grocery store and bought food for our new eating habits. It feels great going to the store and buying all fruits and vegetables instead of filling our cart with food that makes us feel and look like shit.

We then had the task of coming home and going through our cabinets and getting rid of anything that was unhealthy. There were some things in our cabinets that I didn't realize were there and had completely forgotten that we had bought. For example: there was a box of rice that expired in January 2005. We really have got to clean out our cabinets more often. It seemed like such a waste to throw all that food out.

By noon we were ready for our weekend nap. We climbed into bed and I noticed there was something on the wall. I touched it and it was wet. I smelled it and couldn't figure out what it was. It didn't take us long to realize that one of the cats had had an accident in our bed, on my pillows. So much for a nap. We stripped the bed and threw everything into the wash. We are guessing that it is Ben who is now our third cat that is sick with this upper respiratory crap that is going around this house. He slept the entire night on the back of my pillows and I am wondering if when we left this morning he just had an accident. Our room has been off limits all day to the animals and they are very unhappy about that. We ended up taking our afternoon nap downstairs on the couch.

We are both fighting horrible sinus headaches. I think the weather change is causing havoc on our poor sinues. This up and down weather is driving us nuts. Yesterday morning we had the heat on and then by 4pm the house was so hot we had to turn the air on. I am pretty sure that we will have the heat back on later tonight as the temps are suppose to drop pretty low. They were talking about there possibly being frost in the morning. I have a feeling it's going to be a brutal winter. As long as we get lots of snow then I will be happy.

5 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

Congrats on WW! I joined WW online in April 2004 and lost about 70 pounds. I've been able to keep just over 60 of it off in 1.5 years. Yay!!!

Lynilu said...

Good for you both!!! I'm so proud of you. :')

Caroline said...

teena--congrats on the weight loss and for keeping it off for over a year. losing might be easy (well not that easy),but maintaining is the hard part

lynilu--thank you. we decided we needed to go somewhere to get weighted in weekly. thanks for being proud

One Messed Up Chick said...

Im happy for you both! Have a great weekend.

Monogram Queen said...

You go with Weight Watchers. I know you'll be successful! :)
Poor poor Ben :( Hope he is feeling better