Thursday, September 28, 2006

Not 2 But 1

I heard the best news today while in the dentist chair. Upon looking at the two teeth the dentist concluded that I only had to have one root canal, not two. I have never been so happy. She said the other tooth can just have a filling. Praise the Lord. Not only did I not have to go through another root canal, but it saved us a huge chunk of change. I was so happy I could barely sit still.

Now this root canal they did today was not completely smooth. They gave me 5 shots to numb me up and started working. I instantly felt more pain. Never a good sign. Then they gave me 2 more shots directly into the tooth. It felt like an electrical shot going through my entire body. Once that kicked in I felt nothing. But my entire mouth and right side of my face up to my ear was numb. Having your tongue completely numb is the weirdest feeling I have ever had.

All the numbing affect has worn off and my mouth is so freaking sore. I don't think it was so much the root canal, but the 7 shots I got. I have already taken one pain pill and I plan on taking one more before bedtime to make sure there is no pain that wakes me up in the middle of the night. I know I am going to be so sore tomorrow. Thank goodness I have planned on taking the day off.

Also, I think tomorrow is the big day that I will be changing my URL address. Please note the new address:
http://www.carolinesinthecity.blogspot.com/

I am 99% sure that address is free so if you click on my old address tomorrow and it's not there, assume I have changed it. If carolineinthecity is not free then I will change it to something similar, but will let you know.

4 comments:

Kitty said...

I'm so happy you didn't have two canals! That's great.

By the way, I am not ignoring your tag, hopefully will get it all done and posted tomorow.

One Messed Up Chick said...

I will keep checking to see if you moved throughout the day! I dont wanna lose you. I really enjoy reading your blog! have a great weekend.

Caroline said...

Just a note to everyone: the new address is not what is in the post. Please note the new one:
www.carolinesinthecity.blogspot.com

Monogram Queen said...

Glad you didn't have two either. One is bad enough :)