Friday, September 08, 2006

Doctor, Bikes and Millie

This morning was my appointment with the Orthopaedic Doctor. It meant filling out more paperwork, having more x-rays done. I don't know about you, but my favorite thing is wearing a tiny gown that does not close in the back and laying on a cold table for 20 minutes. The x-rays showed nothing, which is good. The doctor told me I have a very straight back. He did read the MRI and saw the same results. Now on to fixing this problem. He referred me to a pain management company for eperidal injections. I have never had any children, but this really scares the crap out of me. The fact that I have to have someone drive me is never a good sign. I just hope it takes away some of the pain. My cousins wife had an eperidual when she gave birth and she had so many complications from it.

Yesterday when I got off work Laura and I had planned on going biking. We were both in horrible moods, but decided the exercise would do some good. We get the bikes loaded up, drive to the bike trail, unload the bikes and hop on the trail. Within 15 seconds I knew I had done something wrong to the bike. The chain had fallen off. We tried to fix it, but ended up loading the bikes back up and going home. This didn't help either of our moods. I decided I need to read the manual on shifting gears. We had a quiet evening at home after that. Maybe this weekend we will try to venture out again on the bikes.

At 5am I woke up because one of our cats was standing on my side. I kind of moved and the cat jumped off. Laura said that I had started to snore and within seconds our cat Bonk jumped up on the bed and on my side. She said it was pretty cute because it was as if the cat was afraid something was wrong. Once I was awake I realized my throat was scratching and I was a little congested. There is some nasty shit going around KC and most people we know either are just getting over this or are currently sick. Just my luck...getting sick on a Friday.

Right when I got to work Lynilu called me and asked if I had read any blogs this morning. After informing her that I had just gotten to work she informed me that Millie had passed away this morning. If you remember this is the little girl that is just 2 that had a brain tumor. I found her blog by chance about six months ago. I can't believe how attached I became to this little girl. Her strength and courage is such an inspiration. And what a beautiful smile she had. I will greatly miss seeing pictures of her.

5 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Hope it was a false alarm and you are not actually sick all week-end. We went bike riding last night. It was nice.
So sorry to hear about Millie :(

One Messed Up Chick said...

Thats so sad about Millie!
I hope you dont get sick! Its no fun at all. I had it last week. Then today got sent home from work with Pink eye LOL Have a great weekend.

Lynilu said...

You'd better not be sick!! I'm coming for dinner!

Caroline said...

patticake--i hope it's a false alarm as well, but as the day goes I can feel my throat hurting more and more..damn...

onecrazylady--it is sad about millie. she was such a sweet little girl. lucky you in getting sent home early..enjoy your weekend

lynilu--don't worry, laura does all the cooking...i will try not to breathe on you

pilgrimchick said...

Gotta love the cat-thing. Mine frequently has "freak out" moments when she "needs" to find me NOW regardless of the time of day or night or even how close in proximity I may actually be. Sounds like a busy day or two there, but the mundane bits and pieces of every day aren't to be discarded as insignificant.