Tuesday, September 26, 2006

5 Things You Never Knew

I was tagged by Casey, which by the way, I love getting tagged.

Here are the rules of the tag:
List 5 weird things about yourself or your pets. Tag 5 friends and list them. Those people need to write on their blogs about 5 weird things, and state the rules, and tag 5 more people. Don’t forget to let the people you tag know by posting a comment on their blog!

1) I love really weird music. Anything from the 80's, all those one hit wonders, Barry Manilow (yes, I am a Fanilow) and of course Captain and Tanelle. One of "our" songs is "Love Will Keep Us Together". You all know it, and you all secretly love it as well. I am just brave enough to say it. My unique love of music has caused many disagreements in our household. Driving just across town can cause many headaches. I am not sure if we would survive a road trip together.

2) I remember all of my dreams. I will wake up with complete memories of my dreams. Even the small details. For example: I remember a dream I had a few weeks ago where I bought something and I paid $5. 64 for it. Who remembers stuff like that?? Me. When I wake up and tell Laura some of my dreams she thinks I am crazy. Then again, I at times think I am kind of crazy.

3) I talk in my sleep. I will have full blown conversations with myself during the night. It took Laura a while to get used to this. I think I scared her a couple of times in the beginning. Now she knows I just do that sometimes. And whenever something wakes me up in the middle of the night (like Laura going to the bathroom) I get startled and will say the oddest things. We had been together for just a few months when she got up to go to the bathroom and I sat up and said, "what the fuck are you doing Jill?" Laura's first response was "who the hell is Jill?" I tried to explain that I had a cousin named Jill and I had been dreaming about her. She still doubts that I really have a cousin named Jill.

4) I have a mild case of OCD. When I get focused on something it's hard for me to relax until that thing is done. It can be dusting, vacuming, mowing the lawn or just about anything. I become obessed with certain things. For example: I am obessed about our lawn. (just ask Lynilu) I am also obessed about shutting down the house at night. Making sure all the doors are locked, the lights are off and I don't smell smoke. (I am scared to death of fire)

5) I strongly believe in marriage. Laura and I disagree about this a lot. We have different views on it for different reasons. Marriage is what you make it. If you don't work at it or course it's going to fail. I also believe in having the same last name. One day I want to take Laura's last name. Not only do I love her last name, but I feel that us having the same last name makes us a family. I have no connection to my current last name since everyone in my family has disowned me. Taking her last name will make me feel like I am officially part of the family. Plus it makes things a little easier legally.

Now I need to tag 5 people. Here is my list of 5 people: Kitty, Amy, Sassyfemme, Sandra and Kim. But of course I would love to read anyone's list if you decided to do this.

An update on the changing of the URL address: I think I decided to change my address to carolineinthecity.blogspot.com. I will remind you later this week, but look at me changing it Friday or Saturday. It feels so refreshing to change it. Thank you all for your comments on how great an idea it is.

Just an FYI: I have a conference to attend tomorrow so I will be out of bloggerland all day. I of course will check all blogs tomorrow when I get home and of course after I mow the lawn.

4 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

VERY interesting and i don't think "weird" at all.
I think the story of why you want to change your last name to Laura's is SO SWEET. Do it!

I'll be checking in maybe over the week-end and noting your URL change. Can't miss my Caroline's posts! :)

Trop said...

Court's going through the name-change process. It's been very interesting. Hopefully she'll blog about it.

SassyFemme said...

Thanks for the tag. I'm going to have to think on this one. I'll probably post it tomorrow or Friday, but will definitely do it.

Like you, I love Manilow and Capt./Tenille. Mostly, though, I love country music. I also strongly believe in marriage (obviously). We've talked about the last name thing, I'd like it, but there are just other issues surrounding it. Hmm, that might be one of my 5.

Minnesota Nice said...

Ooh, sorry I just saw I'm tagged! Cool, I like this one! I'll get right on it.