Tuesday, June 20, 2006

This & That

Well, it appears I made it through Monday. After taking some Iburprofen in the afternoon and then one of my pain pills when I got home I was feeling pretty good. Yesterday at work I was hurting so bad all over that I couldn't wait to get home and get into bed. By the time the pain pill started working I felt like myself again and didn't feel the need to go to bed at 6pm.

My tooth started hurting again this morning and I told one of my co-workers that I am getting ready to pull a Tom Hanks (CastAway) with my tooth. Remember that scene? After having suffered with this constant tooth ache for over a week now I know how he felt. With the infection being so bad it has been causing my ear on that side to hurt as well. I think it's the draining that is causing the ear ache.

Enough about my tooth. Last night Laura and I watcheh the movie "A Girl Like Me" on Lifetime. It was an excellent, yet very sad movie. I was amazed at the support and love that her family gave her through all her struggles. For those who do not know what the movie is about: Gwen was born a boy, but always felt she was born in the wrong body. It showed her process of starting to live her life as a girl. In the end she was murdered by 3 teenage boys. Yes, her family didn't completly understand what she was going through and why she did the things she did, but they were family. Family never deserts one another and always love one another. Being gay myself I would find it very difficult if my child came to me and said they felt they were a girl even though they were biologically a boy. I can't imagine. But that doesn't mean I would love my child any less or abandon them. Family is Family. My family could really learn a lot about what it means to be a family.

This week Laura and I are sharing one car. With her Dad being without a car due to the wreck we decided we could do without one car for a week. Which means I have to be extra nice to Laura since she is my ride to and from work. If I piss her off too much she could make me take the bus home. Actually sharing one car isn't that bad. I enjoy the time we have in the car on the way to my work and then the transition we have coming home in the evenings. Today I was sitting around here at lunch realizing "damn, I am bored". I had no errands to run, I had brought my lunch, but the fact that I was stuck here made me feel bored. Sweet Laura offered to come by and take me out during my lunch hour. I told her no for the simple fact that gas prices are crazy and there was no reason to waste the gas.

There is a convience store one block away. Maybe I'll walk up there and see what they have. See, I told you I was bored.

3 comments:

One Messed Up Chick said...

Im sorry that your tooth is bothering you so much! I know painful they are! Hopefully you will get some relief soon!!!

Caroline said...

onecrazylady--every night i get relief with my pain pill. :) thanks for your concerns

Monogram Queen said...

I can sympathize, I am having a tooth issue too and I procrastinate bad since my dentist retired and it's a pain to try and find a new one.
I'll say it again, you & Laura are lucky to have each other. :)