Monday, June 26, 2006

Lake Life

Well, we are home from our mini-vacation and what a fun time we had. We had the best three days. It was a blast going down with her sister and her family. Bryan Lee (8 years old) had a blast and it was fun watching him have so much fun in the water and fishing. I took a 1/2 day on Friday, so we were down at the lake and in the water by 2:30pm. That left 3 hours of good sun for Friday. That night we cooked out steaks and just enjoyed the nice summer night. There was another family staying in the same place that had 10 year old triplets. (2 boys and a girl) They were adoreable. And Bryan Lee had so much fun playing with them. Infact, I think the little girl had a little crush on Bryan Lee. It was cute. Here are some pictures from our weekend.
Here is the motel we stayed at. It's a little "Mom & Pop" Motel with just 9 rooms. There are two rooms on the bottom level and Laura and I stayed in one of those while Lisa and Bryan and Bryan Lee stayed in a room upstairs. Laura and I tried to book for a month from now but neither of the bottom rooms are available. This little place fills up quickly. Next year we book all our weekends at once and early in the season.
This is an old boat they have at the edge of the water. The other side has flowers in it.
Here's the dock we swim from. Lake of the Ozarks is a huge lake and some parts can get pretty rough. This is in a little cove so it's almost always very calm. It's perfect for just laying on a floatly and floating all afternoon.
Here's Bryan Lee and I. I had to stop him for just one moment while he was fishing. That kid is such a good fisher.
Here's Bryan Lee fishing. The first night he caught 8 fish. Total he caught 16 fish.
Here's the other side of the old boat.
Here's "Big Bryan" as we all call him. Recently he has picked up smoking cigars. He was in the midst of smoking one here. Notice the pretty sunset in the background.
Here's Laura and Lisa. I think I asked Lisa to smile for the picture and she said "asshole" to me.
Here's Bryan Lee with his assortment of waterguns. Doesn't look like a kid that is having the time of his life.

We got home around 1pm today and pulled up and I realized I needed to mow. I swear I am mowing twice a week now. That did get me out of unpacking though. Tomorrow it's back to the real world. And tomorrow is my root canal. God, I hope everything goes ok and it's not too painful..during or after. Good news though..I had NO pain all weekend with my tooth. It was as if the antibotics finally kicked in and the infection was gone. Bad news. I got a yeast infection. Friday as we were driving down I noticed that maybe I was getting one. By that night we were driving up to Wal-Mart to get something for it. That quickly took care of it, but it's still a pain in the ass. I had done so well with eating my yougurt everyday, but then Thursday I ran out and forgot to get some more.

Well, I have loads of laundry to do and lots of cats that are wondering where we have been for the past 3 days.

11 comments:

SassyFemme said...

Looks like a great mini-vacation! Cute motel!

Good luck with the root canal!

Casey said...

Welcome back! Glad you had a great time.

Caroline said...

sassyfemme--it's a very cute motel. we love it there.

casey--thanks. it's good to be back. on the drive back i told laura "it will be good to check all my blogs again."

One Messed Up Chick said...

Sounds like a great time! the pictures are great! Im glad your weekend went well.

Isabel said...

Welcome back and glad you had such a good time.

Mrs. Dr. S. said...

Sounds like a blast. The pictures look fun. Welcome home, glad you had a nice time!

Caroline said...

onecrazylady--the weekend was great..

isabel--thanks..it was a very good weekend

courtney--thanks..it's was a good weekend, but it's also very good to be home

Monogram Queen said...

Glad you had a great time! Bryan Lee is adorable. Yay for Mom & Pop places. I heart them!

Mrs. Dr. S. said...

I know the feeling. I always love coming home when we have been away. Glad you had a nice time!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Caroline said...

(This comment was orignally done by Big Sis and I edited it so my last name is not on it)
Caroline I ought to kick your butt for that picture! U just had to put the worst picture of me on there didn't you! Let me go get my camera, I do believe I have a few of you I took! LOL :*)