Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Paradise Found!!!!!!!

BEN IS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laura and I were out on the back deck because it was such a nice evening. She was reading me a story she has written and while she was reading it I heard a faint meow. I told her to stop. I called his name and there was another two meows. It was coming from our neigbors deck. I take off running. I get to their back yard and start calling his name. He is just meowing up a storm. Laura comes over with a flashlight and we see him. It was Ben. I was afraid how we were going to get him out from under the deck. It was all closed off except for a few places where he could get out. Laura starts talking to him and I am talking with my neighbor about how I can get under there to get him. He hears my voice and comes walking right out to me. My neighbor gets me a towel and I wrap him in it and carry him home.

Ben is in the house and very scared. But he is eating. He doesn't look like he has lost that much weight and looks pretty good considering he has been outside for one week.

I thanked God as I carried him home. He is safe, he is heathly. And I am so happy he is home. NOW...I can enjoy our new bathroom.

13 comments:

Casey said...

THANK GOD!!!! I'm so, so, so happy for you!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I get to be the first to say . . . WAHOOOOOOO!! :-)

Isabel said...

I'm so happy he's home safe and sound.

Zoe said...

Oh that is fantastic news. I am so happy for you.

One Messed Up Chick said...

Oh I am SOOOOO happy for you guys! that is so awesome!!

Mrs. Dr. S. said...

YAY! I am so happy for the whole family. I've been thinking of you and Ben. Great news!

Anonymous said...

I was thrilled to read your post this morning. I had already planned on calling our foster coordinator (a friend of mine)to tell her to look look look for a declawed, neutered black kitty. It's heartbreaking to lose a pet - they are part of the family. I'll bet that Ben is soooooo happy to be back home! Take care, I enjoy your observations.

Caroline said...

casey--thank you. we are so happy he is home.

isabel--we are still in shock he was so close to the house

onecrazylady--thank you.

Monogram Queen said...

oh I am crying tears of joy at Ben's homecoming. This has bothered me greatly but I truly felt positive about it. Enjoy your new bathroom and give Ben lots of love and cuddles. Lucky kitty boy!

Caroline said...

patticake--thank you sooo much. i think i most excited about you finding out he was home safe. you were so kind during this past week. don't worry about ben..he will get lots and lots and lots of love and hugs. anything he wants right now..he gets.

Minnesota Nice said...

OH HAPPY DAY!! I just had a feeling you would find him, I'm so happy!

Trop said...

I'm so glad Ben came home. Our cat Snickers got away last summer and never came back.

Caroline said...

sandra--thanks for all your help and advice in this. we are so happy he is home

tropopause--sorry to hear about your cat. :( it's hard when animals just get away. i nearly died this past week not knowing what had happended to him.