Monday, May 08, 2006

Our New Summer Home

Caroline and Laura's Summer Home



Well, we decided over the weekend to buy ourselves a tent to do some camping this summer. We are SO excited. I used to go camping all the time as a child when I was at summer camp and loved it. We already made reservations for Memorial Day Weekend to go camping. We will be camping Friday-Monday that weekend. Let's just hope it doesn't rain.

Actually what made me start thinking about going camping again was reading about Kim and Courtney (blogger friends) who go camping. Reading their post about the last time they went camping in March made me start thinking about all the fun I have had camping. We are going to go out not this weekend, but the weekend afterwards to go camping at a campsite about 10 minutes from our house. It's kind of our "trial" run. Our goal is to have the dog go with us camping. I think she would love it. We decided Memorial Day Weeekend is not the best weekend to take her out camping for the first time. We may take her out on our "trial" run.

In all the turmoil tha was going on with the remodel as well as Ben, I have forgotten to mention that May is my Birthday Month. Since I have just recently started celebrating b-days I decided I get the whole month. My b-day is May 29, which is actually the Monday of Memorial Day weekend. Since May 1, I have had a May bag and everyday that I come home I find it filled with little "goodies". Laura really knows how to make me feel special.

May is also our anniversay. Our first date was May 28th, 2004. Ever since that date we have been together. Looks like this year we will be celebrating our anniversary out in the wild. How fun will that be?

7 comments:

Zoe said...

I love camping. BP said something about pitching our tent on my dad's property where we are haveing her gaduation party this weekend, you know in case we can't drive home. I'm totally excited. If it were up to me we'd sleep in a tent all summer. And I love listening to the rain when I'm sleeping in a tent.

A word of advice though. You should set the tent up in your backyard once or twice before you go. 1) so you make sure you can set up the tent and have everything you need 2) make sure the dog will be okay in the tent.
The first time we took Buddy Lee Dog of Action camping we did not do a test run. Bad idea, she was affraid of the tent, we were a 10 hour drive from home. What a little freak.

Caroline said...

zoe--we set the tent up on Saturday night to make sure we had all the parts. We got in the tent with the dog. At first she freaked out, but once we zipped it shut and we were all inside she was fine. Thanks for the advice though.

Isabel said...

Ooo, camping is so much fun. But I'm a camping for the weekend type gal. After a few days, I miss the shower.:)

Mrs. Dr. S. said...

OOOOOOOOOOH! Camping - yippee! I hope you have an absolutely fabulous time. We are huge fans of camping - as if you couldn't tell :) We have two trips planned this month, sounds like the same weekends you will be camping. Get a pie iron! Have fun!

Caroline said...

isabel--i am with you. a couple days is about all i can handle. then i start to miss the luxuries of modern day living.

elf--that is the funniest t-shit. i may have to buy that.

courtney--we are so excited to start camping again. from reading your blogs we decided to give camping a shot.

Trop said...

Very nice tent! I hope you enjoy camping as much as we do. As for the shower, get yourself a camp shower. But I know what you mean... one can get pretty "ripe" after a few days in the outdoors. Take lots of pictures!

Caroline said...

tropopause--this is not actually our tent. we forgot to take a picture of ours when we first set it up. this one looks the most like ours..except ours is blue