Monday, May 01, 2006

A New Week

I have never been so happy to see one week gone. Last week was probably one of the hardest of my entire life. It didn't help that 90% of the week it was rainy and cold. It was just depressing all around. But this morning I woke up and it was sunny and I am determined to have a better week.

Our bathroom is almost complete. They are there finishing it up today. They were suppose to have it finished on Friday, but weren't able to get it completly done. The new tub is wonderful and the surround around the tub is so white and clean. I love it. The tile on the floor is georgous. I love the feel of it under my feet. Friday when they left everything seemed ok then we flushed the toilet. There was water pouring out of the ceiling in the laundry room. Ane every time we flushed we would get water pouring out the ceiling. Ughhh. I call them and have to leave an answer. There was no answer on Friday. We ended up putting our recycle bin on the floor in the laundry room. Saturday they came over to see what the problem was. After cutting a hole in the sheetrock in the laundry room they realized what the problem was. They did scare us because they were talking about a hole in the pipe. I could just see our savings disappear. It was a horrible thought. Well, turns out the new toilet was cracked. After replacing it all seems fine now. Whew!! So, they are there for one last day to finish up the small things. I am looking forward to having a sink in the bathroom again. It's been a week since we've had a sink in there. It will be nice to be able to get back to our routine and not have to do our hair/makeup in front of the hall mirror.

I am slowly adjusting to life without Ben. I continue to go out front and sit and just look for any signs of him. But there have been none. It has been raining a lot lately, so I guess there is still hope that he might venture out now that it has cleared up and is sunny. I was telling Laura over the weekend that this is the first time that I have ever had a pet run away. Growing up when we lost a pet it was due to death. It's the hardeest thing just not knowing what has happended to him. The other cats seem to be walking around looking for him. They are laying in the spots where he would lay. I do miss Ben a lot. I still have those moments when it seems like it's all a dream.

My friends partner did pass away Friday night. Yesterday was the memorial service. It was very hard to attend. Their 10 year old daughter got up and gave the most heart breaking speach about her Mother.

So, this is a new week and I am ready to start fresh.

7 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Don't give up on Ben honey he might still come back. Yes, not knowing IS the hardest. Been there. So sorry about your friend also. I bet the euology was VERY moving. Enjoy the sunshine

Caroline said...

patticake--i will never give hope on finding ben. just need to move on in order to be able to function in the world. this has really jolted me emotionally.

Anonymous said...

Go to Wayside Waifs and the KCMO pound. Fill out a missing animal reaport. Bring photos. If Ben is brought to the shelter and identified, you will be called.

Isabel said...

I'm sorry you still haven't found Ben.

Caroline said...

anonymous--already filled out the form for wayside waifs on the net. tomorrow night will be our first available time to go check the shelter ourselves. thanks for the advice though...btw..who are you.. you must be from the kc area. why remain anonymous?

Anonymous said...

I'm not a blogger, just read yours cause I USED to study with the JW's and I'm still screwed up faith-wise as a result. I volunteer @ Waifs and BTW they are closed to the public on Wednesdays. Check their website for hours - weekdays (except Wed.) they are open to the public 2p-8p.

Caroline said...

anonymous--thanks for letting me know a little about you. since you volunteer at wayside waifs..keep your eye out for Ben. i have gone to their website and filled out the missing pet form. thanks for the info