Friday, May 19, 2006

The Boys in Blue



Well, tonight Laura and I are headed out to see the Royals play the St.Louis Cardinals. The Royals, to say the least, are having a horrible year. Infact, they have had a horrible decade. We currently have the worst record of all the teams. On the road we are 2-18. Ouch, that's bad. But going and seeing the Cardinals brings back memories of the I-70 series in 1985. That was the year the Roayals and the Cardindals were in the World Series. I was only12, but it was still so exciting. Since then the Royals have not played like pros. I think I heard on the news that it's been 5-6 years since we have even had a winning season. Again, ouch. Laura and I went to one game last year and had a blast. There was not too many people there, but we have a feeling that tonight will be more crowded. And there are fireworks after the game.

Tomorrow night we have a graduation party for her oldest nephew. Hopefully sometime this weekend we will find time to go fishing. We were suppose to go camping tomorrow night,but had to change that due to the graduation party. We were going to a camp ground about 5 minutes from our house and we were going to take the dog to see how she did camping. We were hoping she was going to do really good and we could take her next weekend. Instead she gets to go to Pete and Mac's which is an upscale dog kennel. Pete and Mac's is a little more expensive, but she gets to go to daycare and when we pick her up we get a report card of how she did. They understand those of us that treat our dogs like people.

Tomorrow is my oldest nephews 12th b-day. Today I was thinking about him as I was filling out his b-day card and I couldn't believe that I have a nephew that is almost a teenager. God, I feel old now. My oldest nephew was my first and it was with him that I mastered the art of spoiling my nephews. The day he was born was one ofthe most exciting days of my life. Happy Birthday N, Aunt Caroline loves you dearly.

2 comments:

Mrs. Dr. S. said...

I love going to baseball games - hope it was fun! The last time we went to a game, it was fireworks time there, too. I love that!

Monogram Queen said...

Hope you had a great day at the Ball game!
My nephew just graduated Sunday night *sniffle*
Cool Aunt's Rock!