Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Please Send LOTS of Prayers



I am beside myself. Yesterday, in the middle of all the construction of our bathroom, Ben disappeared and has not been seen since. He was last seen running down in the basement. The guys doing the work did not listen to us when we said we have cats and you need to keep the doors shut and watch the doors when you leave. The one cat that we were afraid that would get out was Brady (the orange one). I spent all last night looking for him and calling his name. Usually when he hides in the house he will come when you call his name or make some noise. We are just praying that he is hiding somewhere in the house and did not get out. I don't know what I will do if we loose Ben. I told Laura that I know I shouldn't play favorites, but he is my favorite. He is so loving and loves to cuddle. I hope he's ok and I hope to see him again.

*Update: April 27, 2006: Still no sign of Ben. I am going out of my mind. I keep thinking of where he might be. We know for sure he is not in the house. Locked up the other cats last night and put out moist food. (a treat for them) Nothing was touched this morning. So, we know he is not in the house. I don't know how I am going to get past the fact that I might never see him again. My heart is hurting so much right now. I keep thinking of him outside all on his own. I don't know if he will be able to survive out there.

16 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

We have our paws crossed that you find him. Keep us posted. I am certain he will surface soon.

Anonymous said...

We're saying "kitty prayers" at our house. And my eyes are peeled for a glimpse of him. Here Benny-Benny-Benny! Come out, come out, wherever you are!

Have faith.

One Messed Up Chick said...

I will say lots of prayers for you if you say them for me! Read my blog if you would like to! I hope that he comes home soon!

Caroline said...

ragged--thank you for your prayers. i will let everyone know the minute we know something

lyn--thank you so much for the kitty prayers. Just hope they work as well as the doggie prayers we were all saying a month ago.

onecrazylady--i did read your blog. i am sorry you are going through this. will keep you in my prayers and hope your health gets better

Zoe said...

Oh, I hope you find him. I've had a kitty dissapear, it's not fun. Luckily our dog found her hiding under the porch.

Casey said...

Oh no! I'm praying hard that he shows up. Once you have himback, maybe you should look into a kennel thing to put them in during the day. I know it seems a bit mean but at least they would be safe.
HUGS!

Isabel said...

Sending good thoughts that Ben shows up.

Caroline said...

zoe--we are praying he is just hiding and will come out when all is quite

casey--i was thinking that same thing. if we find him he will be securely locked in a room or kennell

isabel--thank you

SassyFemme said...

Keeping you and the kitty in my prayers. I always live in fear of our animals getting out when work people are here. Keep us posted on what happens. Can you put out some tuna or some other big time treat to see if it lures him out?

Caroline said...

sassyfemme--that's an excellent idea. i think i will get some moist cat food and lock the other cats up tonight and see if it's gone in the morning. if it is then we know he's in the house somewhere and ok.

Monogram Queen said...

I have lurked on your blog from RSG's for awhile but now I have to comment. Ben looks like my Spooky! Oh I hope,hope,hope he is okay and you have already found him.

Zoe said...

If I were you I'd make color flyers and hang them in your neighborhood. Don't delay. Also, call and visit your animal shelter in case someone took him in. Put an add in the paper, you might even offer a small reward. I really can't imagine that he has strayed too far, but I bet someone has taken him in, so get the word out. You might even go door to door.

Caroline said...

patticake--thanks for stopping by. no, we have not found him yet.

zoe--already made flyers and went around the neighborhood handing them out. we are offering a reward. i have called the shelters and filled out the missing pet forms. they suggest you go by the shelter. that is what we will do tonight

Francesca said...

I'm really sorry about cat missing. I hope you find him soon. In the meantime, hang in there and keep looking.

Hugs!

Monogram Queen said...

I don't know if this will encourage you but i'll tell my little tale. Right before we moved into town our small white cat Cassie got outside. She had never been outside but took off like a shot toward the woods/swamp. We have bobcats out here,coons, snakes god knows what else. We called & hunted, put out food, no sign of her. I was heartbroken. In two weeks we moved into town and two weeks after that when my husband went back out to the other house lo and behold there came Cassie meowing up. She was oh-so-skinny and pitiful but she survived and we have no clue how. Hopefully Ben has that strong kitty survival gene and is okay. Please keep posting.

Casey said...

BIG BIG HUGS!!!!

Come on, Ben - your mommies are waiting for you!!!!!

I know this is going to sound cray but have you thought about talking with an animal communicator? I have one we use and she is amazing! www.lydiahiby.com She will take emergency calls without prepayment. Go to her home page, choose "services" and scroll to the bottom.

I know I sound like a freak but she has really, really helped us.