Friday, April 07, 2006

My Mother Taught Me Well

I am so excited that I can barely sit still. Yes, I am excited about our trip tomorrow, but there is something else making me so very excited. Last night Laura and I watched "All Aboard". We fell in love with the cruise. It is truly a place where we can be ourselves; affection and all. After the show was over Laura said, "let's do it. Let's go on the cruise in Feb.07". I couldn't believe my ears. I had to ask her a couple times to make sure she was ok with doing this. We went up and found the room we want. We decided on one with a balcony. I could barely sleep last night. The excitement of this trip added with the excited of the cruise with Rosie. No wonder I had a hard time sleeping. This morning I woke up and asked Laura one more time, "are you sure". Again she said "yes".

So, this morning I got to work and called and made our reservations. OH MY GOD!!!! Growing up we traveled a lot. It always seemed that we would have our next vacation planned before leaving for the current trip. I will say, this will make coming home from Florida a little more easier. Knowing that the cruise is in our future. So, I have to say, in that aspect, my Mother taught me well.

5 comments:

Casey said...

You lucky, lucky pup!!!! I'm so envious - I would love to go but alas, a single income with law school loans piling up doesn't bode well for a family cruise. *sigh*

I guess, once again, I'll be living vicariously through you. :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time in the sunny south, with the cool blue of the water lapping the white sandy Florida beaches just footsteps from your door...be safe and have fun! When the cruise comes around, I'll be sure to wish "Bon Voyage!"

Isabel said...

A cruise! How fun. Glad you two are going. Sounds like you will have so much fun. :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you! No, not the cruise, although that is awesome, but the fact that you are finding something good from your upbringing. One day, you'll remember mostly the good parts.

Nap Queen said...

That is SO awesome!! My friend watched "All Aboard", too, and couldn't stop talking about how cool it was.