Saturday, April 15, 2006

Home Sweet Home

We got home late last night and have been exhausted all day. We had a WONDERFUL trip. The last post was suppose to be longer going into more detail about what we were doing, but blogger did not want to cooperate. I had typed out a pretty long post and then when I clicked to publish it, it suddenly vanishsed. I was not happy.

I have a lot to write about, plus some wonderful pictures, but that will have to wait til maybe tonight or tomorrow. We got back in town around 11pm and then had to pick up the car and drive home. Once we got home we had a whole weeks worth of mail to sort through, plus giving our cats some loving. Boy, did they miss us. I think they all slept with us at some point last night. Then we had to find our toothbrushes, etc in order to head to bed. Once in bed we had a hard time falling asleep. I think it was 2am when we finally fell asleep.

Then this morning I woke up at 7:30am and mowed the lawn. I am very particular about the lawn and hate it getting too long. Because it had rained the two days before we left I had to mow earlier then what I had wanted to. So, the grass was really long when we got home yesterday. After mowing we drove down to get the dog. Sophie was very happy to see us, but she had really made herself at home at Laura's parents house. We walked in and she was all excited to see us and then laid down like, "this is my home now." She slept all the way home. Once home I put her in the backyard to allow her to go to the bathroom since she only went poop once while we were gone. After a call to the vet on Tuesday (it had been 4 days since she pooped) the vet said she should be ok for at least a week, anything after that we should be concerened and have her looked at. She did poop on Thursday. When we got her home she went out back and spent about 10 minutes pooping. I felt like I should take her a magazine or something.

Will write more about our trip. It was one of the best of my life. We've already made reservations to go back in June 2007.

1 comment:

Isabel said...

I can't wait to see picture. Glad you got home safe and sound and that sophie is ok. Welcome back.