Saturday, April 01, 2006

Garage Door & Summer is Here!!!

I am proud to introduce our new garage door. I am so excited. (don't know why) Here are some pictures from our busy day.
Here is our old door. I was not sad to see it go. It was about 10 years past retirement.
Here is our new door!!!! Isn't she beautiful. And she is so quiet. I love it, love it!!!
It's official...Summer is here!! As they were putting in the new door I mowed the lawn. Can you believe how green the grass is???
Here's where you will find Laura between June-the end of August. It's amazing how comfortable this hammock is. Last year about this time, we bought this and our table/chairs for our anniversay. We decided that if we can't live at the beach we will bring the beach to us.

Tomorrow (weather permitting) we will hang all our little yard signs. Some say, "beach this way" and another says "living on the porch". We need to get out our Tiki torches. I think I like summer more then I thought. For lunch today we fired up the grill. Our neighbor came out and said, "I was in the basement and couldn't figure out why my house smelled like lighter fluid." Because we grill so much in the summer she realized WE were the reason her house smelled like a grill. There's nothing better then something cooked out on the grill.

All day today I have been playing it through my head what we will be doing in exactly one week. One week from right now we should be at our resort heading off to dinner. OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! It doesn't seem possible. I remember thinking last fall when we were taking down all our summer stuff that it when we bring this stuff back out we would be heading for Florida. It seemed so far away. Now it's simply 7 days. 172 hours. Wow. Today we got out all our summer clothes and washed them. I apologize to all of you that have had to put up with me talking about this trip for six months now. It will soon (not too soon though) be over and I will move to other things like: remodeling our bathroom.

3 comments:

One Messed Up Chick said...

then you can share pictures with us of your trip, so we dont mind if you keep talking about it!
The picutres of the yard look great, it wasnt that nice here today! It was about 45 and very windy :( but we are ready for summer too.

pack of 2 said...

That new garage door makes it look waaayyy bigger! Very nice door ya got there:)

I can't believe you are going to FL...IN ONE WEEK!!! Woo Hoo..

Looking forward to hearing about that.


Shelly

Francesca said...

Yaaaaaayyyyy!!! One more week! You sound so happy and excited. It's so nice! You're both going to have the best time. I'm really happy for you!