Friday, April 21, 2006

Changes in Attitudes

Thank goodness my attitude has drastically changed since Wednesday. Whew. I think when you add coming home from a wonderful vacation plus a very bad period you get exactly what I had: a horrible attitude. I still miss the beach and the ocean and the relaxation of vacation, but that is exactly what it was..vacation. It was bound to come to an end. With the weather getting warmer here and just a little over a month before the pool opens I think my attitude will be fine. I used to always say winter was my favorite season, but I think I was wrong. I LOVE summer. I love going to the pool, going to the lake. There is nothing better then lake water. I actually prefer lake water to salt water. Laura and I booked a long weekend at the lake in June. We are psyched cause the place we stay has kayaks.

We were suppose to be getting the second part of our deck this weekend, but have had to change those plans. We already have a deck and we were going to put on another tier below that. Laura's Dad who is the master of all trades was going to do it for us. He came up on Wed. night measured everything and told us exactly what to buy. We called Lowe's on Wed. night and said, "if we come to the store tomorrow night to get some lumber will you be able to deliever it on Friday?" They said "yes, that will not be a problem." So, last night we went to Lowe's to order the lumber and set up the delivery. Suddenly they had no delivery times for Friday. So, we decided we will just wait til maybe next weekend.

Monday they are coming to tear apart our bathroom. We have purchased all the supplies: new bathtub, bathtub surround, toilet, vanity & sink/mirror, lights. You should see our family room downstairs. It looks like we have ripped off a Home Depot. :) I can't wait to see the bathroom when it is all done. Oh, and I forgot..we got all the tile for the new floor. Of course I will post before and after pictures.

So, here's to a wonderful weekend for everyone. Oh and congratulations to Kim and Courtney who are getting married today.

6 comments:

Isabel said...

The lake will be something nice to look forward. Good luck with the home improvements.

Caroline said...

isabel--thanks..we are so excited for the lake...

SassyFemme said...

Are you guys having Home Depot or Lowe's do the work on your bathroom? If so, email me what you think when it's done. Once (if?)we buy this house both bathrooms have to be almost totally redone.

Caroline said...

sassyfemme--we hired a company to come in and do the work. we thought lowes/home depot would be too expensive. we did, however, get all our supplies from those two companies.

Mrs. Dr. S. said...

Thank you SO much Caroline! What a pleasant surprise. We appreciate all the support we have gotten from our online friends.

Trop said...

Thanks so much for the congratulations! We had a wonderful (but hectic) wedding day. And the honeymoon was better than my wildest dreams (and I do mean WILDEST). I am so happy!