Thursday, March 02, 2006

Goals

As I was talking to a dear friend tonight I was telling her one of my goals. She very gracefully said, "you have some of the most unique goals. I never know what is going to come out of your mouth." So, I thougt I would share some of my goals with all of you. Yes, some of their are odd and will probably cause you to chuckle. But here they are:


1) To one day be put in the Blogger Hall of Fame. In other words; have my blog as a "Blog of Note".

2) To one day win a monetary jackpot from Club Pogo.

3) To come back from Florida with a tan that is as good as my tan at the end of the summer.

4) To visit all 50 States

5) As much as I love and adore my Sophie-Dog (who is part border collie), I would love to own a purebred Border Collie one day

6) To go to NYC and stand in front of Good Morning America's window and be on the air.

7) To go visit the hometowns of Laura Ingalls Wilder (With one of her houses being in Missouri, I don't know why I haven't gone yet)

8) To go up to Northern Minnesota and visit the camp I went to as a child. And to also go see the little town that my Grandparents (Dad's Parents) lived in.

9) To see Barry Manilow's show in Las Vegas (plus play a few slots)

10) To convert Laura to a Barry Manilow fan (won't hold my breathe on this one)

11) To visit every Real World House (have been to the one in SF, and will stop by the one Key West)

12) Break the habit of chewing my finger nails.

13) To win the lottery at least once, even if it's a small jackpot.

As you can tell from my list, some will never come true. But hey, a girl can dream can't she.

7 comments:

Zoe said...

Purebred border collie? I hope you have a very, very active lifestyle that includes your dog, and you don't mind obsessive dogs. Sorry, I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just kind of a dog advocate. I would suggest fostering one or two before making a committment to one.

Sublime said...

I think your friend was right about your goals being unique! But, at least you have goals and know the things you would like to do. Heaven help Laura with the Barry Manilow goal...lol.

Take care and have a great weekend.
Sublime

Ragged Around the Edges said...

But, dear one, your site is already a blog of note to many, many of us.

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Silly girl, your blog is already "of note" to many, many of us.

Caroline said...

zoe--Sophie has a lot of border collie in her, so we know all about an active dog. I think it's good that people are aware of the kind of needs a dog needs before getting one.

sublime--Laura will never be a Barry Manilow fan..that is why I said I am not holding my breathe on that one

ragged--thank you so much...you all like me...you really like me.

Minnesota Nice said...

Border collies do need to run and be active for HOURS each day, literally. I prefer my regular Collie...he likes short walks followed by long naps. :)

I'm adding you to my blogs of note, I thought I already had actually!

Caroline said...

sandra--i forgot to mention that there is a doggie daycare about 10 minutes from our house. I would take Sophie, but she has been having some hip proboms lately..she usually goes to the doggie daycare when she stays at their kennel..that is when she isn't staying with Grandma and Grandpa..