Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Anxiety

This morning I woke up and I had an anxiety attack. I haven't had one of those for years. I am not too sure what was going on. When I woke up I felt as if I had "hard butterflies". I went downstairs for a bit and then I went back upstairs and laid down for about twenty minutes. By the time Laura left I was feeling a little better, but still feeling anxious. By the time I got up to go to work I was feeling just fine. Yesterday afternoon Laura called me and said she had scheduled us to have our hair cut on Saturday. And it's not just at any place, it's her sisters salon. For some reason that really made me nervous. Change is really hard for me and I am afraid of changing my hair style. I do realize that it's long overdue, but it's still very scary for me to change my hair. When I was in the 4th grade my Mom took me to some lady who gave me a perm. I had short hair at the time so I ended up looking like Annie. I hated that hair cut. Oh, and I had short bangs. I decided then that I wanted my hair the same length. It took me 3 years, but my bangs finally grew out and my hair was the same length. I haven't changed my hair much since my sophmore year in high school. I know it's time for a change, but it's so damn hard to accept that change with open arms.

When I got home last night I was still feeling "overwhelmed" by the hair thing and the remodeling we are doing. I finally settled down and Laura and I headed over to Home Depot to look at some of the things we wanted to get for the house. It is exciting in the fact that we have picked out the new bathtub we are getting, the tile for the floor and the new sink.

This past weekend I realized something very important. For some reason between the hours of 2-5pm I very grumpy and pretty much in a bad mood. Usually by 5:30 I am ok. It's the weirdest thing. I started noticing a pattern a few weeks ago and finally put my finger on it. I think there's something called "sundowners". Maybe that's what it is?

So, here's to more pleasant afternoons. I know Laura is praying that this afternoon is a better day then yesterday.

No comments: