Thursday, March 16, 2006

All Is Well....Again

Yesterday was much better until we got a call from the company we are refinancing from. Apparently they made a "mistake" when it came to the numbers. We were actually getting back a little bit more money, but that meant all the paperwork we signed on Friday was incorrect, at least for the figures. So..we were told that we should be receiving a packet with new paperwork to sign today. And that we had to get it back ASAP in order to get the funding. I was a little irriated, but there wasn't much I could do. We were also told that the voided check we gave the lady at closing was no where to be found. That meant we had to fax them another copy of a voided check. I was told that after we got the paperwork then the funding would come through. I instantly got a headache. It's not that we are needing the money right now, but it still bugs me when things don't get done when we were told they would get done.

When I got home Laura and I decided to go out to dinner. It was a very pleasant dinner. We then came home and we in bed by 9:30. Oh, we had programmed our DVR to tape SuperNanny on Monday night, so we came home and watched that. Things are always better when I am able to watch Jo Frost.

This morning when I got to work I faxed the voided check and called the guy helping us through this refinancing. He said that the funding should come through today? Huh? I explained to him that I thought they had to wait until they received the paperwork from us? He said, "no". He then asked if I had received the paperwork. I explained to him that it was 9:30am and that I was not at home. Duh.

At lunch I went home and the paperwork was there. I signed my part and it's just waiting for Laura to sign and then we can send it back. When I got back from lunch I called the bank to check the balance..and surprise, surprise..our money is there!!!!! What a relief!!!! My first thought was.."that money, plus if we cash in all of our retirement funds we should have enough to live in Mexico for at least 5 years." I quickly snapped back into reality.

I feel I can finally relax some now. We have the funds to start remodeling. All is well again.

6 comments:

Casey said...

Glad you are feeling better and that the refi went as well as it did. Happy remodeling! :)

Casey said...

PS..it's strange but I have such anxiety of waiting for my comment to be approved. My initial reaction is "I'm not cool enough to get approved!" Sad. I think I have self esteem issues. :)

Minnesota Nice said...

Please take before and after photos of the remodeling! And have fun with the process!

Caroline said...

casey--thank you...why would you think you're not cool enough..i only approve the "cool" people...there are still some people that just don't get it and continue to comment...i simply hit the reject button...your comments will always be approved..

sandra--that is on my list of things to do...it will be good for when we sell the house..for them to see how far the house has come

Isabel said...

Congrats on the refi! Have fun remodeling. :)

One Messed Up Chick said...

Cant wait to see the pictures :) Happy Remodeling!