Friday, February 10, 2006

Torino 2006

Today is the start of the Winter Olympics. I am so excited. We plan on having a night filled with lots of good food and watch the opening ceremonies. This is the first year that I really remember being into the Olympics. I was into them in 1994 when there was the whole Nancy Kerrigan/Tonya Harding scandel going on. Speaking of...did anyone see Tanya Harding on ET? She looks horrible. She looks like she has gained about 50 pounds. She said she has only gained 15 pounds, but that was only in her face I think. That's like me keeping my drivers licenese weight at 140. Like anyone would believe that.


Well, hope everyone enjoys watching them, if you are going to watch them. I love to see the cool things they do for the opening ceremonies. Laura and I have said that once in our lifetime we would love to go to either the winter or summer Olympics.

We don't plan on doing much this weekend. Laura was able to come home early today from school and when she got home she called me and said, "you don't mind if we don't get out of pj's this weekend do you?" Those are the best weekends. Plus, it's turning super cold. I think the high tomorrow is 30 with a chance for snow. Perfect weather to stay warm and cozy inside.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A post you may enjoy... http://optymyst.blogspot.com/2005/11/intolerable-acts.html

pack of 2 said...

OMG....Tonya Harding has gained alot more than 50 lbs. She lives here in Portland....aren't we lucky???

Have fun cuddling this weekend.

Angie

Isabel said...

Have a fun weekend!

I like watching the ice skating. :)

One Messed Up Chick said...

I watched some of the Olympics, but too tired from just getting out of work. Plan to watch more of it this weekend. Would you believe I have missed the whole month of Feb post from you because when i saved the page into my favorites it saved the jan. page. LOL Yup Im blonde :)

SassyFemme said...

A weekend in PJs sounds fabulous! Caught a bit of Tanya on TV, OMG, she doesn't even look like herself! Some people should not get on TV and open up their mouth. She just sounded like someone not all there.