Wednesday, February 15, 2006

New Members of Our Home

What a wonderful day Laura and I had yesterday. I couldn't have asked for a better day. When I got off work around 4:30 and when I got home Laura had the grill all fired up with two beautiful steaks going. We had agreed this year that since we are planning our Florida trip (just 52 days away..YEA) we would only get each other a card, plus buy some fish for our aquarium. Well, when I got home shd had flowers and chocolates for me. I loved it. We ate dinner and then headed out to pick out our new fish. We ended up coming home with 8 new fish. Our tank already had 2 neons, so we picked up 2 more, we got 2 crabs, 2 balloon mollies, and then 2 Gourami's. Here is what we named the fish...

The 4 Neons--The Golden Girls (these four fish immediately got into a "school" and haven't been apart since)
The 2 Balloon Mollies--We named them Hustle and Flow. One is orange and one is black. Just seemed to fit
The 2 Gourami's--We named them Sonny and Cher. They often seperate, but remain quite close
The 2 crabs--We named the male Kong because he was climbing to the very top of our plants and just sitting at the top. We couldn't remember the name of female in King Kong. If anyone knows..let me know.

We do have some sad news though. Apparently Kong out did himself last night and gave himself a heart attack. We found him dead at the bottom this morning. The female on the other hand is doing great and has taken over his job of sitting at the top of the plants and rocks.

After we got the fish we settled in to watch a movie. And then it was to bed by 10pm. All in all it was the best Valentine's Day I've ever had. Laura took a "mental Health" day today and surprised me at work around lunch time. We drove around near where I work and found some houses we really like. We have found the type of house we want to buy. Now it's just time to get our house ready to be sold. We did so much last summer, but we still have a lot to do.

One thing that woudl solve all our house issues....if we win the powerball tonight. I guess it's $300 million. ($145 after taxes) I can tell you now...my work would never hear from me again. I would send them a postcard and let them know. And I hate the people that say winning the lottery wouldn't change them. If we won...it would change me. Another thing...I wonder how long it would take my parents to get a hold of me and say something like this.."you know us not talking to you was all just a big misunderstanding." I would laugh my ass off.

1 comment:

Isabel said...

I won the lotto, I would buy a house, go to Scotland and New York, pay off Joey's card and have some fun. Would I go back work, nope. Maybe part time just to have something to do.;)

Sounds like a really good valentines day. We spent a quiet evening at home.