Friday, February 24, 2006

A little "gnat" in my life

Last summer I made a very stupid decision. I happen to come across a blog from an old friend from summer camp. The two of us start corresponding and seeing what things had changed since we had talked twenty years ago. At first it was nice reconnecting with someone from camp since the memories I have from camp are so wonderful. This person and I had a camp "boyfriend/girlfriend" relationship. When translated this means you are able to tell the other people at camp that you have a girlfriend/boyfriend, etc. That is about all there is. Maybe an occasional letter during the winter. The reason I contacted this person was because I was curious how their life had turned out. I wasn't wanting a new relationship with them. Just kind of "how the hell are you" kind of thing.

At first things were fine. Then all of sudden this person turned kind of psycho on me. Started putting pots on their blog about how they feel gays are "abnormal" and that it's some kind of physical problem. And that we have the choice to marry if we want, but we are choosing to have a same-sex relationship. WTF????? I had read this person entire blog and there was never a mention of gays rights or anything. It wasn't until after we started talking and they knew I was reading their blog. It was as if they were doing all of this on purpose just to stir shit up. I should have just walked away.

I had gotten to the point where I would not comment on this persons blog. Just read it. Again, I was curious. I think I was curious as to how someone like this could actually be married. Who the hell would put up with that?? Anyway.

This person continues to post on my blog despite telling me two months ago to "get lost". I don't get it. I guess this person is a complete drama queen. Oh, forgot to mention. I hadn't heard anything from this person and then suddenly I get an email saying, "I need your help..someone called the state on us because they think we aren't good parents and someone said we are putting our kids in danger". This person knows I am a social worker and suddenly needed my help. I emailed my opinion and then that was it. But this person continued to bug me. He's like a nasty gnat that will not leave you alone.

Here is a note to that person: I have deleted your blog off my favorites and I suggest you do the same with mine. I think it's time you go bug someone else.

*Post updated with the correct spelling of gnat. I never said I was a master at spelling. That's Laura's job. Thanks for letting me know though.

4 comments:

Syd said...

What an asshole. Sounds treacherously close to stalking.

pack of 2 said...

I know the guy you are talking about. He seems like a complete jerk to me.

I noticed him commenting again recently & wondered why he was back.

Good for you for standing up for yourself!

Feel free NOT to post my comment if you don't want to...I just wanted to say GOOD JOB for dumping him.
Life is too short to deal with people who do not support you!

Shelly

Caroline said...

syd--yes, it is kind of stalking, but i just think it's someone with way too much time on their hands... and obviously very unhappy

packof2--thanks for the support. i post any comments that are supportive and/or intellectual.

Isabel said...

What a jerk. Good for you for getting rid of him.