Saturday, February 25, 2006

How far would you go for love?

Interesting story occuring right here in Kansas City right now. About two weeks ago a convicted murderer escaped from prison. The prison quickly realized he had a little help with his escape. Apparently, he was part of a program in prison that trains stray and homeless dogs so they could be adopted. Apparently, the person that helped him escape was the director of this program. The two of them were on the run for two weeks until last night when they were caught in Tennessee. Here's my question: why in the hell would you run off with a convicted murderer and help him escape from prison??? Don't you realize they will come looking for you. I thought for sure they would have gone to Mexico or Canada. Why would they go to Tennessee?? I just don't get it. Made me think a little about love. How far would I go for the one I love.

I do love Laura immensely. There are a lot of things I would (and have done) for love. But I don't know if busting someone out of prison is one of them. Here are some of the crazy things I have done for love:

1) Put my career on hold so the other person could complete theirs. Turns out this person decided they wanted to be a career student and after about 2 years I said fuck it and ended up finishing before they did.

2) I once dated a married man and I put myself a side and our relationship was on his terms. That is whenever he could get away from his wife and child. (Note: I am not proud of this one at all)

3) I continously stood up for my ex-husband when everyone around me was telling me, "he has problems". I put my repuation on the line for his.

4) I have changed the way I dress, etc for someone because that is what they wanted. My views on how I wanted to dress and look didn't matter to them.

We've all done things for love that we may or may not be proud of. The one thing (of the many) things I love about Laura is that she loves me for me as the person. She allows me to be me without trying to make me into who she wants me to be. It is total acceptance. I wouldn't have it any other way.

7 comments:

SassyFemme said...

What a stupid, idiotic thing for that dog program director to do. Talk about throwing your life away. Geez!

Like you, I've changed how I dressed for someone (as well as who we associated with), but that was before Fran. In fact, when Fran and I made our vows to each other, we promised to accept the other as is, and not make them change.

One Messed Up Chick said...

I love Nathalie with all my heart but I wouldnt risk going to prison myself to get her out. I would go see her everytime I could but never make it so we both couldnt take care of the kids.

Caroline said...

sassyfemme--i agree with you. i can't imagine doing something like that for love. the more that comes out from this story the more stupid i realize this lady was

onecrazylady--wasn't too smart of this woman

annabkrr said...

I wouldn't do anything unethical or criminal for love, and I sure wouldn't change the way I dress for anyone. Been there, done that. But I could see giving up a career or moving for love. At this point in my life, I'm just LOOKING for that kind of love.

pack of 2 said...

I just read this story in today's paper. I can't understand why someone would give up their own freedom for a murderer...WHATEVER!
Now she probably ruined the dog/inmate program too.

Shelly

Married Lesbian Mom said...

Hi

I have beenr eading your posts for awhile now and just thought I would tell you how much I adore them and I think thatyou and Laura are great together. Feel free to check out my blog sometime. Have a great day.

Caroline said...

anna--i would move if Laura had a job in another city/state..but nothing criminal

packof2--it is sad that the dog program is probably ruined for that prison. they had done news stories about it before and it seemed like it was making a difference

marriedlesbianmom--thanks for stopping by...