Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Guilty Pleasures

We all have them. Are you willing to share what your are? Here are some of my guilty pleasures:

1) I love music that most people would consider "elevator music". I love Abba, Barry Manilow and most Pop bands. A lot of the songs that I consider to be my favorite are considered "sappy love songs".

2) I love reality tv. I started watching The Real World when it first came out and could sit and watch it all day long. You know..The Real World was one of the first reality shows. I remember "sneaking" and watching The Real World: San Franscico. I remember thinking my Mom would flip out if she knew I was enjoying watching a show that had a homosexual on it. (little did she know that her own daughter would turn out to be one also.) I espeically love the ones that are on VH1. I will say, that even I, the Queen of Reality Shows has her standards and will not lower myself to watch such shows as "Flavor Love" and "Kevin & Britney".

3) I love chocoalte. Sometimes I will stop on my way home and buy a Snickers and eat it once Laura has gone to bed. It's not that she will tell me not to eat it (which somtimes I wish she would), but she would want to share it with me. (I know, I am awful aren't I?)

4) There are times when I am at work and the conversations I am having with whoever is on the phone is so boring that I will sit and play Pogo. The calls from parents that don't know what to do with their 40 year old child who is living in their basement and still using drugs. In the beginning I try to give them some ideas, but they always say, "I already know about enabling, etc". That is when I click on the pogo button and have at it.

5) I always have a bagel in the morning. Infact, when I walk in the girl behind the counter says, "the usual". The bagel I get every morning is called "Spicy Nacho". It is a plain bagel with a piece of cheddar cheese on top with Jalopenoes on it. Yum, Yum. Add a little bit of plain cream cheese...any morning turns into a great day.

That's it for now. For some reason my Guilty Pleasures feel to me like secrets. I think that will be my next post. Some of my secrets. Anyway..feel free to share some of your guilty pleasures. And thanks Isabel for the great idea on Guilty Pleasures.

5 comments:

Nap Queen said...

That bagel sounds great! It's like a breakfast taco on a bagel instead of a tortilla :) I like elevator music, too. If it's kinda cheesy, then I'll probably like it.

Syd said...

That bagel does sound good...if I can get a beer with it.

And honey, we could talk chocolate all day long. Esp. dark choc.

pack of 2 said...

I love elevator music too...haha.
I OWN Barry Manilow's greatest hits:)

I also love reality shows...I will watch flavor flav because I know him but his shows are a bit off.

I'll pretty much watch any of them for a while anyway.

great guilty pleasures.

Shelly

Isabel said...

The bagel sounds good. I like the chocolate chip bagels. Yummy.

Nathalie said...

I am not sure if this would be considered a guilty pleasure, but it's definately a pleasure to me. Every single night (well almost), since I have lived with my wife, I have fallen asleep as I watch her sleep. I love watching her sleep, she looks so peaceful, and that peacefullness brings me peace of mind, as I drift soundly asleep. I guess that's why it's 4:30am and I am still up (She's working a 3rd tonight).