Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Love

After getting that anonymous post yesterday it made me do some thinking. How could it not? It also made me very thankful for my life now. After I read that I was able to go home to a very loving and supportive person. Laura is so amazing. I remember a few months ago my Mother emailed me and said that I must be very unhappy in life from the readings of my blog. (I emailed her the address about a month after I started the blog because I wanted her to see how this whole experience has effected me, my life and my feelings about all of it. Since she has never asked how I was feeling through all of this, I thought I would let her see how I was feeling) My Mother could not be further from the truth. If she saw me in my everyday life she would see that I am happy. I get to come home to the most wonderful person.

When Laura and I met we were both going through very difficult times in our life. It wasn't the easiest start. But I think all that we went through in those first few months build the foundation we have now. Our relationship is built on love, trust and respect. There isn't another person in this world I would want to share my life with. Laura knows EVERYTHING about me, I mean everything. And I wouldn't have it any other way. We will be sitting on the couch doing the most basic thing and I will look over at her and it's as if I am looking at her for the first time. She always looks at me and says, "what?" She hates it when I just stare at her. But I look at her because it is then that I realize that God does listen to my prayers. For years and years I asked Him to send me someone that would just love me for me.

I have never been with someone where after almost 2 years I still can't wait to do the small things for them. As many of you know, Laura is up and out of the house no later then 6:15am. I still LOVE getting up with her and making her lunch and warming up her car. It's those little things that keep our love stronger then ever.

I can't imagine my life without her and I hope I never will find out. It's as if my life finally started, at age 30, when I met her.

6 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

When I read your blog, I see how happy you are in your life, how much you have going on and how interesting your perspective is. I think maybe sometimes it's hard to see that others are happy on a path they wouldn't have chosen. I suspect that's the case with your mom.

Teena in Toronto said...

Your post was so sweet. The love comes through loud and clear. Lucky you!!

Isabel said...

This is such a sweet post. I'm so glad you were able to find love and happiness. :)

Zoe said...

You sound happy to me. If you think you're in love now just wait to see what it's like 10 years from now. I know it's hard to believe but it gets even stronger and more amazing.

Kathryn said...

So nice, I hope to someday have a love like yours!

Casey said...

What a great post! Congratulations for making it through your first 30 years - may the next 100 years be filled with the love you feel today!