Monday, January 09, 2006

Cults

Saturday night Laura and I are laying in bed watching tv. Well, what we are doing is channel surfing. It was midnight and there wasn't that much on, so we were just flipping from channel to channel waiting for "Cheaters" to come on. (by the way, if you have never watched this show you must. Talk about reality tv) I come across this locak channel with this preacher that does a call in show for his church. I don't remember the type of religion is was, I am thinking non-demonination. Anyway...this lady asked the question.."how do you know if the church you are going to is good and God approves". This preacher then started talking about how there are 4 different types of churches. The first one was Roman Catholic and then the second was cults. He then went to point how Jehovah's Witnesses are a cult and that they twist the scriptures to make sense for them. He also pointed out how they can shoot out scriptures about as fast as a gun, but have no idea what they are saying.

As I was watching this my first thought was to defend the witnesses. Then I realized, "wait, what he is saying is the truth". It just shows how much control JW's have over your mind and your thoughts. Even though I have cleansed myself of them for the past two years, they still have this control sometimes over my thoughts and mind. It's scary.

He pointed out that they use arguing as a way to get into the door. That is so true. They are like masters at debate. But they have no idea as to what they are talking about. When you start asking deep questions they kind of fumble around and always say, "I will need to do some research about this and get back to you." What the means is..."I have no fucking idea..I need to check with the elders before I say anything." Jehovah's Witnesses are not taught how to think on their own. You so exactly what the elders tell you to do and if you happen to have a thought of your own, you are immediatly talked to and they try to correct you.

It is nothing but total mind and thought control. For those of us that are able to get out it is a huge struggle. Most do not survive. Most end up going back. The first time they kicked me out I was back within two years. But this time I think I would rather die then be back in their control. It's a daily struggle with my thoughts, but eventually I will unraveled from their web.

5 comments:

pack of 2 said...

I think that could be said for all/most religions. They all twist stuff.

Shelly

Trop said...

It's true of all religions. I'm a recovered United Methodist (and a Unitarian Universalist).

Religion is the opiate of the masses (Karl Marx).


"Dear God" XTC

Dear God, hope you got the letter, and...
I pray you can make it better down here.
I don't mean a big reduction in the price of beer
but all the people that you made in your image, see
them starving on their feet 'cause they don't get
enough to eat from God, I can't believe in you

Dear God, sorry to disturb you, but... I feel that I should be heard
loud and clear. We all need a big reduction in amount of tears
and all the people that you made in your image, see them fighting
in the street 'cause they can't make opinions meet about God,
I can't believe in you

Did you make disease, and the diamond blue? Did you make
mankind after we made you? And the devil too!

, don't know if you noticed, but... your name is on
a lot of quotes in this book, and us crazy humans wrote it, you
should take a look, and all the people that you made in your
image still believing that junk is true. Well I know it ain't, and
so do you, dear God, I can't believe in I don't believe in

I won't believe in heaven and hell. No saints, no sinners, no
devil as well. No pearly gates, no thorny crown. You're always
letting us humans down. The wars you bring, the babes you
drown. Those lost at sea and never found, and it's the same the
whole world 'round. The hurt I see helps to compound that
Father, Son and Holy Ghost is just somebody's unholy hoax,
and if you're up there you'd perceive that my heart's here upon
my sleeve. If there's one thing I don't believe in

it's you....

Zoe said...

Ah, religion, my favorite topic. We've started a new thing, besides me answering the door in a tank top and boxer shorts, we will give them 5 minutes if they give us 5 minutes. We give them HRC literature, we get to go first.

Anonymous said...

When you find yourself being judgemental (of self or others) or feeling guilty, just ask yourself if you are basing this on a Caroline value or are you viewing life thru your family's/JW's glasses-- if it's the later, then figure out how Caroline feels/thinks and behave accordingly...fwiw from a fellow social worker and SA counselor

Danny Haszard said...

Up close and personal Jehovah's Witnesses can be wolves in sheep's clothing.

Think about this-When the devil comes knocking on your door he may not have the 'dark goth look'.They could be smartly dressed and wielding the Christian Bible.

I have Jehovah's Witnesses family in the usa who practice the Watchtower JW enforced ritual shunning that i have not seen or heard from in 15 years.

The central CORE dogma of the Watchtower is Jesus second coming (invisibly) in 1914 and is a lie.Jehovah's Witnesses are a spin-off of the man made Millerite movement of 1840.

A destructive cult of false teachings, that frequently result in spiritual and psychological abuse, as well as needless deaths (bogus blood transfusion ban).

Yes,you can 'check out anytime you want but you can never leave',because they can and will hold your family hostage.

The world has the Internet now,and there are tens of thousands of pages up from disgruntled ex-Jehovah's Witnesses like myself who have been abused by the Watchtower cult.

Jehovah's Witnesses are often a mouth that prays a hand that kills.The Watchtower is a truly Orwellian world.
----
Danny Haszard former Jehovah's Witness X 33 years and 3rd generation www.dannyhaszard.com