Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Random thoughts

I have had trouble coming up with something to blog about. It seems as if my mind is kind of scattered right now. There seem to be lots of thoughts, but I am having a hard time putting them into something that would make sense. Here are some things that have gone on that past few days.

* Anyone that has read Laura's blog knows that she "slipped" by telling me she got me Oprah's Greatest moments for x-mas. I have given her a very hard time about this. So, Monday night we are in bed talking and I am telling her about when I was talking to a co-worker about the new IPOD alarm clock. In the process of telling her my converstation with my co-worker I blurted out that she is getting a MP3 player. Damn...this Christmas thing is harder then I thought.

*We watched the Amazing Race finale last night. I had trouble getting excited about this season. It was teams of 4 family members. They spent most of the race in the United States. Plus, because some of the families had small children, the challenges were not as tough. A couple of the families that I liked didn't make it that far. The first family to be eliminated was a couple with their two young boys. (ages 9 and 12 maybe) They just couldn't keep up. This other family that had a couple and their son and daughter (9 and 11 maybe) were my favorite. You never heard them talk bad to each other and they were always encouraging each other. They made it til just a few weeks ago. It was so sad when they were elimiated because the little girl was so sad. The winners were a team of 4 siblings. I liked them at first, but quickly became annoying. Thank God next season they go back to teams of 2 again.

*I have gotten into this horrible habit of stopping and getting a bagel for breakfast. Well, I realized I have been going there too much this morning. I walked in and the lady behind the counter knew exactly what I wanted. Sad.

*Do you realize how hard it is to keep a heathly lifestyle and eating habits around the holidays. Yesterday at work we had a "going away" lunch for two people that are leaving. They ordered in pizza and there were like 4 desserts there. I couldn't pass up the cookie cake with icing. Oh, and a co-worker brought me some chocolate covered pretzels. They are really good, but so bad for my diet. Good news though..I heard on Good Morning America that it is literally impossible to gain 10-15 pounds over the holiday like everyone says. It's justa myth. Typically, it's more like just a few pounds.

That's about it that's been going on the last few days. See I told you it wasn't much. Maybe some glorious thought will come to my head today and I can write about that. Happy Wednesday everyone.

6 comments:

Francesca said...

lol!

You and Laura are too funny! I can't believe you blurted out the MP3 thingy!...(Actually, I can...I'm the same way!)

lol

Caroline said...

I can't believe I blurted it out either. She has already called me at work today asking if she can have her MP3 player today. I told her "no, because you won't let me have Oprah's greatest moments". It's going to be a long 11 days until x-mas.

Francesca said...

lol!

You're going to LOVE the Oprah Greatest Moments DVD! I got it a few weeks ago and watch it almost everyday. I use it to pick me up and inspire me when I really need it.

Kathryn said...

DD's and I watched the amazing race this season but we have yet to see the finale. I know who won because it was on The Early Show when I flipped it on this morning to see if school was on time. I'm just so glad it wasn't the obnoxious Weaver family, ugh, they made me ILL with their jesus preaching all over America.

The team that won was my second choice; I was rooting for the daughters and dad...

Isabel said...

I've slipped about Joey's presents before. Sometimes, I just can't to give it to him.

As for the bagel thing, the cashier at Wendy's know's my order as soon as she see's me. So yeah, I feel ya

Caroline said...

Francesca--i can't wait to get Oprah's greatest moments. I love that how. I remember coming home from school and watching her show.

RSG--I was hoping for the Weaver family. I know they preached a lot, but I felt bad for them since they lost their Dad. And the boy Rolly, was so cute.

Laura--I am on my way to return your MP3 player now. Better yet, I think I will keep it for myself and use it at the gym and you can use my old walkman.

angel--i am still new at this x-mas thing, and I have never been good at keeping secrets. As soon as I buy something for someone I want to give it to them right away. Last year Laura even got a Thanksgiving gift cause I couldn't wait.