Saturday, December 24, 2005

My Wish This Christmas Eve

I sit here typing this as things have quieted down in our household. Laura is fast asleep, as I should be. I layed in bed trying to fall asleep, but unable to sleep. I think I am excited about tomorrow, but also thinking of all the things that I am grateful and thankful this year. Here is a list of the things I am thankful this beautiful Christmas Eve:

1) First and foremost I am thankful to have a partner like Laura. All my life I have dreamed and wished for someone like her. For me, it's the small things that make a relationship wonderful. The 2 minute call Laura makes in the middle of her busy and hectic day at school to make sure that I got up and got to work ok. I never imagined I could be loved like she loves me. She accepts me completly and totally and adores all my quirkly little habits.

2) Laura's Family. This past year and a half I have learned the true meaning of family. I learned that just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean you love them any less. And you certainly don't "expel" them from your family. Laura's family has always been there for each other. It's doesn't matter if you are straight, gay, fat, thin. It simply doesn't matter. Family is Family. And this Christmas I am truly blessed to be part of such a loving and accepting family.

3) My health. The past 10 years I have not taken care of my body the way I should have. I am thankful that mybody did not completly shut down on me and that it's giving me another chance to make things right.

4) My BirthMother. I was put up for adoption when I was first born. My parents adopted me when I was just 3 days old. This Christmas I am thankful to my birthmother for giving me life. She had many choices when I was born and I am glad she chose life.

5) My Mom & Dad. Many may wonder why I put them on the things I am thankful for. But I am thankful for them. They did raise me and give many lots of opportunties in life. I do believe that children learn from their parents. I have been told by many that I am kind and sweet. Genetics do play a part in who you become, but I also believe that my parents instilled that kindess and sweetness to some degree. Tonight, I am thankful to them for that.

6) My blogger friends. When I started this blog I had no idea that I would find such great people all over the world. You have enriched my life by your writings and gave me the courage to speak what was on my mind. Thank you to all of you for listening to my many stories and for giving me a safe place to write all my hurts and pains.

May each person that reads this have a truly blessed Christmas.

2 comments:

Francesca said...

My Goodness, Caroline! This is such a wonderful list. You have inspired me and I am going to sit and write a list for myself.

This was very beautiful and touching. You are a very special person and I hope that the days and years ahead bring even more joy and happiness into your life.

Merry Christmas! :)

pack of 2 said...

I loved reading this. Hope you two have a great day.

Hugs,

Angie