Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas 2005

Here are some of the fun things we did for Christmas.

Friday--I was so excited because at 3:00 we were told the office was closing. YEA!! So, I headed home. When I got home I was completly surprised. Laura had spent the entire day cleaning the house and cooking. We usually clean together, but over the past week or so we hadn't done much cleaning becuase I was sick and there was so much going on. When I got home we headed out to Wal-Mart becuase there were a few last minute things we had to get. Somehow those few last minute things turned into $70. I swear, we can never get out of Wal-Mart without spending at least $50. When we got home we had dinner. Laura had spent the whole day cooking a pot roast. It was so good!!!! After dinner we just hung around and enjoyed looking at the x-mas tree lights and all our decorations ups.

Saturday--We got up and went down to her sisters house. Her sister lives about 45 minutes south of us and is considered to live in the "country". I love her sisters house. They just recently moved in (May) and it's a beautiful house. We hung around and played dominoes and Sorry. I posted some pictures Saturday night of all the fun we were having. I think we ate all day long. When we got home Saturday night we were both stuffed. We watched "The Polar Express" when we got home. That movie was so good. And the animation is amazing. Laura was fast asleep by 10pm. I on the other hand had more trouble getting to sleep. I was so excited for x-mas morning. To tell you honestly, I was excited about the gifts I had gotten her. By midnight I was fast asleep as well.

Sunday--We were up by 6:30am. We had put the dogs bed down in front of the tree for Sophie. Well, she ran down and couldn't figure out what it was for. Her lack of excitement was a disappointment. But she did sleep on it last night, so that was good. I got wonderful gifts from Laura. I got this cool waterfall-candle thing. It looks like three candles, but has water flowing down between the candles. I wanted it for my office. I got 2 CD's. Faith Hill (of course) and Kelly Clarkson. I got a really cool candle, a set of computer games, Oprah's Greatest Moments and the best thing.....A Cabbage Patch Doll. Let me explain. On Thanksgiving Laura's younger sister (Beth is 29) brought down a Cabbage Patch Doll she had recently gotten at her bridal shower. I was so jealous. And Beth was totally into having this doll. Talking to it, etc. Laura picked up on the fact that I really wanted one. So, Christmas morning I got Samuel Corey. He is so cute. And I don't have to change his name. He came with that name. I remember when I had one when I was younger, they always came with crazy names.

Sunday around noon we headed down to Laura's parents. By the time everyone got there, there were 20 people there. It was wonderful. And the food...oh my God, it was wonderful. We picked names and Laura's Dad had my name. He got me a beautiful angel candle and ELO's greatest hits. We also buy little things for everyone's stockings, so it's always fun to see the little things people put in your stockings.

Beth (Laura's sister) walked in and I said, "Beth look on the chair in the living room". Next thing I know she is screaming. She was so excited about Samuel. Well, she had also brought down Lucy (her Cabbage Patch Doll). You would think they were real babies the way we were carrying on. Laura and I had even bought Lucy a few gifts.

We got home around 7pm and were exhausted. We were both in bed by 10pm. It was a wonderful weekend filled with lots of love, family and great food.

5 comments:

Isabel said...

The waterfall candle sounds really pretty. I love candles. Have a ton them.

I still have my cabbage patch doll from when I was a little girl. Her name was Rina Albertina. Yeah...

I'm glad you had a Merry Christmas.

Francesca said...

Caroline, I'm so glad you had a lovely Christmas - your first Christmas!

Sounds like a special, fun, and happy day! ;)

Zoe said...

Sounds like you had an excellent xmas.

Caroline said...

Francesca--actually this was my 2nd Christmas. Last year was my first and so memorable. This one I was more relax and felt like I knew what I was doing.

pack of 2 said...

Such a wonderful day. I am glad you now get to experience the true meaning of Christmas!

Shelly