Thursday, December 08, 2005

Kansas City vs. Major Snow Storm

Here are some funny things that have happened during the snow event here in Kansas City.

1) Laura and I decided last night to have pizza. It's not part of our diet, but we didn't feel like cooking. We prefer Papa Murphy's, but didn't want to have to drive to get it. So, we call Pizza Hut. I am on hold for about 20 minutes. When I tell them it's for delivery they say "Oh, Ma'am, I am sorry, but we will not be delivering until 9:00 tomorrow morning." WTF!! So, I decide to put in the order and drive the 1 mile to get it. All in all, it wasn't that bad last night. But I could tell it was getting crazy.

2) Last night as we were watching the news, which we have been glued to since yesterday for some odd reason, they did a live shot to show how bad the roads are. What was funny was they were right in front of am Adult Video Store. I thought to myself..there are several things that do not close down for a major snow storm...The hospital, McDonalds and of course an Adult Video Store.

3) We got so much snow last night (pictures coming soon) that we have lost 1/2 our yard decorations to what appears to be an avalanche. The only thing that is visible now is our Snoppy (which took several times going out and brushing the snow off) and the lights on our tree. I decided to leave the lights on because I bet it will be real pretty at night.

4) Again, we got so much snow that even the dog is not sure what to think of the snow. When I first let her out this morning she just stayed on the deck. With some encouraging she did venture off the deck. Well, the snow was so deep it was up to her chest. (and she is a good size dog) Poor thing, she hates going out even when it's just raining. I have yet to see her go #2. I think she will probably wait until the snow melts.

3 comments:

SassyFemme said...

Reading about your dog and the deck makes me wonder what Molly will think of snow once we move and she sees it for the first time!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you are having to go back to work while I have another snow day. All I can say is that it is not my fault nor is it reason enough to go back to school to get your teaching degree:)

Isabel said...

Snow, it's that white stuff right? :)
We don't get snow where I'm at. If I want to see snow, we have to drive to Lake Tahoe. It's very pretty to look and fun to play in for while, but living where it snows. Nope, can't handle it.