Friday, December 09, 2005

Brokeback Mountain



I am so excited!!! I heard about this movie about 2 months ago, and the day is finally here. Laura and I are going to go see this movie this weekend. It's nice that a movie focused on Gay is in the main theatres and that it's getting this much press. I heard on Good Morning America that it is Oscar bound. Joel Segal said he expects it to have at least 7 nominations. I don't remember being this excited for a movie to come out in a long time. I think the last time was when "The Prince of Tides" came out. I was a senior in high school and we had just finished the book in our English class. The book was wonderful and I couldn't wait to see the movie. I think I went and saw it 10 times in the theatre. Movies were a lot cheaper then and I don't have money like that to waste now. There's nothing like seeing a movie you really want to see on the big screen. I simply can't wait!!!

7 comments:

Nap Queen said...

I'm with you!!! I CANNOT wait to see this movie. We'll have to blog about Brokeback Mountain after we see it.

Thanks for commenting about my new car! I currently drive a 2001 Silver Civic (I didn't branch out much) which is why I bought another one. They are cute, reliable and fun to drive :)

pack of 2 said...

Can't wait to see this movie. You'll have to tell us how it is. Hopefully Shel and I can go in a few days when I finally get a day off.

Angie

pack of 2 said...

I can't wait to see it also...The last movie I was excited about was Monster w/ Charlize Theron!

let us know how it is.

Shelly

Francesca said...

I haven't heard of Brokeback Mountain, but I'll have to keep a lookout for it here, just in case they do show it.

....and...OMG!!!....I LOVED The Prince of Tides!!! I don't think I got to see it in the theatre , but I've rented it so many times...I loved it!!!!....It's still among my fav films, if not my absolute fav!!!

Caroline said...

We saw something on the National News about this movie tonight. Everyone is wondering if mainstream America is ready for this film. We'll shall see...

Anonymous said...

i dont speak lesbionic, but i still love all of you!!!!

Teena in Toronto said...

I saw it last night (Feb 10) finally. I thought it was okay, not great. I had no problem with the relationship between the two men ~ I just wasn't buying it. I guess with all the hype, I was expecting more. I gave it 6/10.