Sunday, December 04, 2005

126 days and counting..............



I needed this picture today. It's is so fucking cold here. About 9am I went out to get us some bagels for breakfast and I had to wait about 10 minutes for the windshield to clear. There was no moisture, but because it's so cold there is always frost. We have a one car garage, but in the winter time Laura gets the garage. Because she gets up earlier then me and has 8 screws and 2 metal plates in her right ankle, I thought she deserved the garage in the winter. I would hate for her to be walking down our stairs one morning and slip on ice or snow, or the occasional stray cat in our neighborhood. This morning I decided to take the dog with me. She loves car rides. Well, as we were sitting in the car waiting for it to warm up, she looked at me and said, "why did you have to bring me. Don't you know it's like 10 degrees outside?" Really, she didn't say that, but I swore she was flipping me off. :)

So, it is now 126 days until our trip to Florida. After the holidays, it's all down hill from there. Whoa!!! And we have a few surprises for all our friends and loved ones. (not telling yet....) So, I found this picture on the net and hopefully this image will get me through those cold, dark winter nights. I love winter, but I would love to have some snow to go along with this cold weather. Somehow, it never feels that cold when the ground is covered in snow. So, please Mother nature, if you are listening, let us have some snow. It would make the holiday season so wonderful. Plus, Laura would love to have a snow day.

3 comments:

pack of 2 said...

That is a great picture...I want to be sitting at that table...soaking in the sun. It's only about 40 degrees here but i'm still cold. I am happy that I don't have to do the 10 degrees you are dealing with.

126 days left...LOL, you still have a while to count!!!

Shelly

Isabel said...

I wish I was there right now.

Caroline said...

We started the countdown at 160 days, so we have made some progress. I too, wish I was there right now. Sitting on the beach with the warm air would be wonderful right now.