Saturday, November 19, 2005

My thoughts for the day

I have a couple things to write about today.

1) This morning Time Warner was out and we got Road Runner installed. YEA!! It's amazing how much faster the internet is with it. Using the internet at work is fast for both of us because we are on a network, and now we have the luxary of fast internet at home.

2) Our city has finally been recycling, which is a good thing. It took us about a year to finally get on the ball and get one of those special recycle bins. Well, we got ours when our neighbors moved and wouldn't need it anymore. We are amazed at how much less trash we have now that we are recycling. My Father would be proud. Anyway..Yesterday was our day to put out the recycles. When I got home from work I remember seeing it out there, but thinking I would bring it in when we got home from dinner. We were gone for maybe 2 hours and it was gone. Well, I didn't notice it was gone until this morning. I know it wasn't there last night because if I had seen it I would have remembered to bring it in. So, I am thinking someone took it while we were at dinner. In the big picture, it's really not that big of a deal, we will just go pay $10 for another one. But still. Why would someone steal a fucking recycle bin. Doesn't make any sense to me. It's like they are in high demand. Gives me less faith in this neighborhood.

3) The front of our house is fully ready for the holidays. I have taken pictures and will post them here as soon as possible. It looks great. And our Snoopy blowup is adorable. We are just now waiting for it to get dark so we can see everything lit up. I am also a little disappointned in our neighborhood because no one really puts out any decorations anymore. It's sad because this neighborhood used to once be a real nice one. Makes us realize that eventually we will have to move. Because this certainly is no place to raise a child.

2 comments:

SassyFemme said...

Yeah for Road Runner! Make sure you have a good firewall/safety program installed on your computer, though.

We've tried so many times to get the recycling bin, and keep being told they're out of them. So, we're bad about not recycling.

Can't believe you have Christmas decorations up already! Looking forward to seeing pictures. Maybe your decoratoins will be the catalyst for others to decorate?

Caroline said...

We have not put up our tree yet. We are painting our living room wall Wednesday, but after that it's going up.

Thanks for the suggestion for firewall.