Friday, October 14, 2005

Movies & Movies

Ever since Laura and I got Netflix, we have watched at least 3 movies each weekend. Here are some of the movies that I have really enjoyed. Some of them I was really surprised that I enjoyed them.

Hotel Rwanda--this was just an amazing movie. I had wanted to see it since it was in the theatre, but was told by Laura that it was a "social worker" movie. We watched it and it was wonderful. It's amazing what one person can do for the world. I don't know if I could ever has as much courage as they did.

The Hurricane--This movie was put out in 1999 and it stars Denzel Washington. One of the most powerful movies I have ever seen. He is a boxer in the 60's that is falsely inprisoned for a triple murder. A high school student works at proving his innoence. Based on a true story. Long (2 1/2 hours), but well worth it.

Love Actually--A Hugh Grant movie. Another long movie (2+ hours), but very good. There were some parts that I laughed so hard I almost peed. Not good for small children due to some very detailed sexual scenes. It would be a good movie to watch around Christmas time since the story line is based around the month before Christmas.

Cinderella Man--Saw this in the theatre and it was awesome. Another one of those real feel good movies

Notting Hill--Probably one of my all time favorite movies. Stars Hugh Grand and Julia Roberts. My favorite line from that movie is, "I'm just a girl wanting to be loved." Very good romantic movie.

The Notebook--Read the book and saw the movie. Both were excellent, but as always the book was better then the movie.

Just a few of my favorites. We have 3 movies to watch this weekend...Undertow, Lackawanna Blues and Crash. I'll let you know how they are on Monday.

1 comment:

Sublime said...

Hi Caroline,

Sorry I've been MIA lately. I've still been lurking around reading other people's blogs from time to time. I'm just utterly and totally mentally exhausted. Just trying to get through the day to day stuff is about all I can handle right now. Thanks for thinking of me....know I haven't gone too far, and will be back soon.

Have a great weekend,
Sublime