Thursday, September 29, 2005

Out of the Blue

Last night when I got home from work I noticed on my caller ID that my brother had called. Very surprised, yet very cautious I tried calling him back on his cell phone. He answered and he either pretended like he couldn't hear me or my cell phone wasn't working well. I tried calling him back and got his voicemail. On his voicemail he said "Hi this is Jim, Nicole, Alec, Austin and Parker." So...that means they had their baby. I think it's funny how this is how I find out they had their baby. I left a message and he never returned my call. I tried back later in the night and it went straight to his voice mail. I find that very interesting. So most of the night I was trying to figure out why he was calling me. I came up with these reasons why he would call me:

1) He needs money
2)He wants to brag about the new baby and tell me how I will never see this baby
3)My MOTHER put him up to calling to find out what's going on with me

At first when I could not get a hold of him I was very upset. I sat down on the couch and said "damn him" like my family had once again gotten my hopes up. Usually when they decide they want me in their life it only lasts a few weeks or days. This time I am not going to let them get to me. I am happy their baby was born and all seems ok, but I'm done. I don't know how many times I can say that. My family has absoutly no respect for me as a member of the family or as a person. And to brag that you now have 4 children when you can barely support yourself is not wonderful news. My parents and the state of Missouri are doing most of the supporting of my brother and his family. Since Adam and Eve you no longer get rewards for procreating.

1 comment:

pack of 2 said...

I just started reading but I assume your family doesn't speak to you because you are gay.

This is what sickens me about religion...the "moral people" who are committed to the family (barf) are the first ones to turn on their own family members for not living the life THEY think you should. Doesn't sound very "christian" to me.



Shelly