Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A lifetime of Music

Music has always played an important role in my life. The first muscian that I "loved" was Barry Manilow. I was just 9 years old and was in love with his music. I don't know where I first heart his music, but I loved him. I even joined his fan club when I was 10. Every quarter I would get the BarryGram. Now that we are in the era where every song put out also has a video, it got me thinking some of the songs and videos that have touched my life the most. Here are a list of mine. Feel free to share which songs/videos have touched your life.

Breathe by Faith Hill--- Faith Hill 1/2 naked rolling around on silk sheets, what else can I say. And it's a pretty cool song.

Where is the Love by The Black Eyed Peas---What great words. And the video is awesome. This song came on the radio yesterday right before I emailed my Mom. I was nervous about emailing her until this song came on.

Letters From Home by John Michael Montgomery---The last verse when his Dad sends him a letter just to say he is proud of him gets me every time. Gives us a glimpse into the life of soliders and their families.

Remember When by Alan Jackson---A true testimony to a life well lived and all the journeys along that road.

Everything by Alanis Morriessette---Laura and I had our first date on my b-day and she gave me this CD for my b-day. The song talks about loving someone for who they are; the good, the bad and the ugly.

Whiskey Lullaby by Brad Paisley and Allison Krauss---What an amazing song and video. The video was like a short movie. Had me crying like a baby the first time I saw it.

Under Pressure by Queen---Just one of those great songs for the car.

This one's for the Girls by Martina McBride---Listen to the words. It's a great uplifting song about a womans life.

Crazy for this Girl by Evan and Jaron---When Laura and I were first dating this song came on while we were driving down the road and it expressed how each of us were feeling about each other.

There are many many more, but that's all for now. Next time you get in your car, turn the radio up loud and sing like you are part of the band.



1 comment:

Sublime said...

Hi Caroline,

In response to your post, I have two songs that have touched me recently, both by Kenny Chesney. The first one is "You Had Me From Hello" because it perfectly describes how I feel about my separated partner. The second one is "How Forever Feels" because it sums up my life and hopes for the future.

Two words about buying the Course in Miracles - do it!!! A Return to Love is a great way to get a feel for what the Course has to offer. Funny you should mention it, because that is exactly how I got acquainted with it, was by also reading A Return to Love! It actually took me many years to open and read my Course in Miracles book. I now know that is because I wasn't ready for it. I'd love to talk to you about it more, but might best be done through direct email messages if you don't mind. My email is on my blog, feel free to drop me a line.

Take care,
Sublime