Tuesday, August 23, 2005

No questions asked

For so many years I was a very angry person. I was being told how to act, what to think and who I was. I was struggling with myself and fighting this inner war. Something had to give. For so long I thought that the thing that had to give was me. I was an unhappy miserable person. But each day that I walked out the door I put on a mask to hide the real person underneath. I put on the mask of a well behaved Jehovah's Witness. I once had taken the exit off the JW highway, but realized that I was not prepared to be out there on my own in a world I knew very little about. I quickly found another entrance ramp into the world of a Jehovah's Witness. This was what I knew. It's like driving down the road of your childhood home. I knew everyone that was around me and I was comfortable. It was like a slow drive on a Sunday afternoon. Not much action, just a lot of sight seeing along the way. But deep down inside I was miserable. I didn't understand why being myself was such a sin. Why wouldn't God love me if I was gay? I even thought that maybe I was a mistake and that if God could he would take back me ever being created. But wait, God doesn't make mistakes. Even Jehovah's Witnesses teach that. So God could not have made a mistake in creating me. I was meant to be here for a reason. And maybe that reason was to shine the light on the unloving acts that are happening in Kingdom Halls around the world in the name of JEHOVAH. I don't want revenge, I was justice. For those 3 elders that sat there telling me that God would not love me once I was disfellowshipped. Thankfully I did not go through years and years thinking God did not love me. I have had several situations where the message that was sent from God was, "I love you".

I have now gotten off the Jehovah's Witness road. My life is wonderful and complete. When someone enters into a cult they don't always make it out. I have known several people that were JW's and then left, but they weren't gone for long. Being connected with Jehovah's Witnesses make you dependent upon them. They want you to think you can't make it on your own. Believe me, you can make it on your own. I almost guarantee that your life will be a lot better. Always remember that God is LOVE. God never makes a mistake and he loves each and every one of us. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Caroline, here is some of my favorite Bible versus on God's love -- 1 John 4:11-21 .....Lisa