Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Letter R

A very long time ago Lynilu had a post where you would leave a comment and she would assign you a letter and you had to then list 10 things that you love that start with that letter. I was given the letter R. I apologize to Lynilu for being so late in this. If you want to play along, just leave me a comment letting me know you want to play along and I will answer you in the comment section and assign you a letter. It's actually really fun. Here are 10 things I love that start with the letter R:

*Red Barns: In the last couple of years I have fallen in love with red barns. There are about 3 when I drive to see S and one of these days I am going to stop and take some pictures. My dream one day is to have a place out in the country and have my very own red barn.

*Rain: I love when it rains. Part of me feels like maybe I should live in the Northwest where it rains all the time. I especially love when it rains on Sunday afternoons and I can take a nap with the sound of rain hitting the windows.

*Rivers: I love when I am driving to S and there are so many little rivers. I love seeing all the crazy names as well. I prefer rivers/lakes over ocean water.

*Radio: I love the radio. I got very spoiled when I had the rental car since it had satellite radio. I have to have a radio when I am at work. Having music in the background really helps me get things done at work.

*Re-Runs: Most people don't like re-runs, but that is most of the television I watch. I love re-runs of Roseanne, The Golden Girls and of course my beloved Little House on the Prairie.

*Red: Before I met S I wasn't a huge fan of red, but now whenever I see the color red I think of my "lady in red".

*Romance: I love romance. Romance doesn't have to be going out and spending lots of money...it can mean just doing something for your partner that will make their day easier.

*Rice: Love fried rice. There is one Chinese restaurant in KC that has the best Chicken Fried Rice. When I was 15 I was babysitting for this couple and they got me and the kids Chinese take out and that was the first time I had tried Chicken Fried Rice. When I want Chicken Fried Rice I still drive to that one Chinese restaurant.

*Road Runner: I love the Internet through Time Warner. It's so fast and I have never had any problems with it. I am hoping the Internet I get once I move will be just as fast.

*Rural: I love rural areas and the feel of a small town community. Just 30 days until I move. Yay!!

5 comments:

Lynilu said...

Cool!!

And BTW, you also love Road Runner because it is the NM State bird!!!

You'd better learn to make fried rice, cause "rural" and fried "rice" might be a world apart!!

MJ said...

What about the place that you work--doens't that start with an R???

Wendy and Karen said...

This looks challenging but I would love to play along.

BTW, I like your blog template. Very warm.

Caroline said...

lynilu--ok, you had me cracking up with your comment. i have seen a couple Chinese Buffets, but I am not sure I would ever eat there...

mj--i cna't believe i left that off the list. ane yes, i do love the place i work and it should have been on the list.

karen&wendy--thanks for the comment of my new look. thanks for wanting to play...your letter is B.

Monogram Queen said...

Really Rather Ravishing R's!