Sunday, October 05, 2008

Ironic

I find it kind of ironic that I got coupons from Marlboro yesterday. Oh the temptation.

This has been a really hard weekend. I have had a lot of moments where I am so thankful that I quit smoking, but I have also had moments where I would give $100 for one cigarette. Susan is thrilled that I have quit smoking. She was a little hesitant when I told her that I did it cold turkey because she knows how hard it can be. She told me it takes a lot of willpower to quit smoking the way I did. And yes, my kisses are much better when I don't smell like an ashtray.

This time around I seem to be so much more emotional. I literally cry at the drop of a hat and I am feeling very insecure about a lot of things. I keep telling myself that this is only temporary, but at times it seems like it will never end.

Breathe in....Breathe out.

5 comments:

MJ said...

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. How do you become a non-smoker? One minute at a time. Hang in there! You can do it!

Anonymous said...

Did you throw the coupons out? :)

Keep going -- you're doing great!

Caroline said...

amy--after i took the picture i threw the coupons in the dumpster.

Julie said...

Those guys are like drug dealers. You are better than that. One bite at a time.

Monogram Queen said...

BURN THEM! BURN THEM! ;)