Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Back to Work

It was so hard coming back to work. I do love my job, but I really enjoyed my time off. Thankfully I checked my email each day so I kind of had an idea as to what went on while I was gone. But I still had 23 voice mails. It seems that everyone missed me and I have been asked about 100 times today how the move went.

It has been an interesting day to say the least. One of my co-workers N was having some trouble with the paper shredder. I stood in the copy room with him trying to get it to work when all of a sudden there was a huge flame of fire that came out of the shredder and onto N's face. Here is a picture of him at lunch:

As you can see all of his hair in the front was burned and he now has highlights. He said he was afraid to touch it until he got home because he didn't know how much hair would fall out. It really was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I am sure I would feel differently if it happened to me. N has actually been a good sport about it and laughed with us while we are laughing at him. He did go to the doctor to be checked out because his nose and throat were burning, but he is OK. Although the Doctor did say that it was a very interesting story.

Someone did send him an email with this picture:
LOL. N really is being a good sport about the whole thing. At the end of the year we have an award for the biggest blooper and we decided that N is definitely going to get one.

The one thing that I can always count on at work is laughing. I did tell N that if we had gotten this on film we would probably win $10K from America's Funniest Home Videos. I asked if he would repeat what happened and he looked at me like I was crazy.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

OH my!! Workman's Comp!!!

I had a gas stove years ago that sort of "WOOF" blew me and my cat backwards. His whiskers were all curly like that, and so was my hair. Yeah, it will fall out when he combs it.

Eye of the Rainbow said...

Sounds like you had a heck of a day back to work. Glad to hear your friend is ok. Thank goodness.

Lynilu said...

Remind N that After the $10K, you're eligible for $100K!!! :D

Caroline said...

sandra--this is the exact reason i am so afraid of gas grills. I am afraid a big fireball will burn me. now i am adding paper shredders to that list. :)

eyeoftherainbow--yea, we are all happy he is OK. the look on his face right afterwards was priceless. i am not sure if he was laughing or in shock

lynilu--i will remind him tomorrow. and heck...if i knew we would win the $100K, I think i would repeat what happened.

redfrog27 said...

Is that what you call a bad day at work

Sphincter said...

My mom once had a similar experience re-lighting our gas hot water heater. She was SO mad at me for laughing--but it looked really hilarious. You know, as long as nobody actually got hurt...She was just sort of crunchy haired for a few days.