Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Real Quick

It's rare that I get to blog at work, but this morning when I came in I shut my door and decided to write a quick something.

Thank you (again and again) for your wonderful comments and several supportive emails from my posts. You guys are the best and I know that by writing I am helping so many people who might be going through something very similar. For that I will continue to write.

But I have also had a few comments (and some emails) from people thinking that by me writing my last few posts I am not letting go of the past. I don't know if I would say that, but I just wanted to share more of my story because there is so many things that have made me who I am today. And by sharing it with people and getting it out there, I don't feel as ashamed by what was done to me. Make sense?

Other news:

I have had "digestive" problems for the past several months and I finally called the doctor yesterday. I have done some of my own research and here are some of the things that could be going on:

~Irritable Bowel Syndrome
~Gall Bladder problems
~Ulcer

So, tomorrow I go to the doctor and we will see what's going on. I am also going to ask for some pills for anxiety. My anxiety has been off the chart and I have been trying to manage it on my own, but I don't think it's working well. I have been avoiding the scale for almost a month now, but I know they will weigh me tomorrow. Ugh. Oh well, I guess it's time to face it head on.

I should be posting part III tonight.

P.S. In the time I have been writing this post (10 minutes) I have had 4 people come to my office door, I have had 2 people call me on the phone and was paged twice. Gotta go and put out a few fires.

4 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Yeeps you really are in a fast-paced work environment!

Hope you get your digestive and anxiety problems sorted out. I had my gallbladder out so I know THAT is no fun at all.
I am going to talk to the doc in Feb about weaning me off my happy pills. Should be a blast for the ones who have to live with me!

Minnesota Nice said...

I'd put a lock on that office door, for real.

I'm glad you said that about letting go of the past. I've wondered sometimes if that was a source of more pain for you (I don't know you outside the blog of course, so definitely not passing judgement! I've just wondered if looking to the past so much was keeping you 'stuck' there.) But I do agree with your point that getting things out is good, that is a very valid point. I just don't want to see you get 'stuck', that's all.

amy h said...

My mom has dealt with both IBS and gall bladder problems. I know at least the IBS would flare up when she was under stress. And you've certainly been under stress.

This site was helpful to my mom: http://www.helpforibs.com/

She didn't find doctors overly helpful with the IBS.

Lynilu said...

<3

I know this is hard for you, but I'm glad you're allowing us to shoulder the burden. That's what friends are for.

<3