Monday, October 01, 2007

Making Progress

Looks who has come upstairs from the basement. Last night I carried him upstairs (with his claws in my side) and he did pretty good for about 30 minutes. He then decided it was time to go back downstairs. Then this evening, MG and I were just sitting on the couch talking when Ben came upstairs by himself. He just casually walked past us to the open window. I can not tell you how happy this makes me. When I talked about being nervous with the pets and moving, I was mostly just worried about Ben. I knew it was going to be hard on him, so it makes me happy that he is being more sociable now.

I have been the most surprised by Bonk, who is 20. When I moved out of my parents and into my first apartment she freaked out. She stayed behind the microwave for 3 days. Then about 4 years ago Bonk suddenly became more friendly. But I was still worried about her and changing everything she knew. Well, it seems that Bonk has no fear. She walks around here like she owns the place and even walks right up to Oliver with no problems. The last couple of months there have been several people that have been amazed that Bonk is 20 and the next question is always, "How old would she be in human years?" Finally today I looked on the Internet and if Bonk were a human she would be 96. Wow, that's pretty old. I am so glad that six months ago I decided that since Bonk is so old, she can have whatever she wants. MG was kind of shocked when I let Bonk eat some of my ice cream and she kind of looked at me like I was crazy. I explained to MG that Bonk gets whatever she wants since she is so old. Thankfully MG has agreed with me. :)

Work is kicking my butt. There never seems to be enough time in the day to get everything done. And then today I was unloading the cleaning supplies for the techs and I think I have strained my back. I think I need to put a hot tub on my Christmas list. That would come in handy on days like this when my back is hurting so bad I can barely walk. (are you reading this MG???? hehe)

5 comments:

Bella said...

Ooh a hot tub for Christmas would be a great gift!

Casey said...

It's so great that everyone is adjusting to their new home. Yay!

Lynilu said...

Oh, girlfriend, you gots lotsa moxie, asking for a hot tub!

I'm glad things are working out for everyone.What does Oliver think of the cats?

SassyFemme said...

So glad that the "kids" are all adjusting. I love that you give Bonk whatever she wants. I think when (pleae, God... make it when, not if) Sassy gets close to that old she'll get whatever she wants, too.

Monogram Queen said...

I am glad everyone is adjusting well and I have the same philosophy for Holly. She gets free passes due to age and prior living conditions.
Ooh a hot tub would be fabby!