Thursday, October 25, 2007

Courage-Ha!

A few times a week I will stop by 7-11 on my way home and get a Slurpee. I have rediscovered them and now find myself kind of addicted.

Tonight I stopped by the one right by my house. Keep in mind that the 7-11 I go to is, well, very different. I never know what I am going to see when I walk in. (Lynilu can verify this) I noticed a very nice dressed woman back by the Slurpee machine and she kind of caught my eye. As I walked up she turned around and looked at me and smiled. It wasn't those normal smiles from strangers. I smiled back and said HI. I got my slurpee and noticed she was up at the register. I grabbed one more thing and got to the counter as she was walking off. I was kind of wishing that I had made it up to the counter a few seconds earlier. As she walked out I watched her as she walked to her car. I then paid for my stuff and walked out. I noticed this woman sitting in her car. Do I go up and say HI? Do I wait to see if she says something to me? I didn't know what to do, so I just got in my car. I noticed she was driving a black Honda Accord just like mine. How can you not like a woman that drives an Accord? I took my time turning on my car, putting on my seat belt and turning my iPod on. I then backed out and drove off.

As I was driving off I looked over at her as she looked up at me. What did that mean? Should I stop and say HI to her? What to do..What to do....

I really wanted to stop and go talk to her. The 5 minutes it took me to get home I was thinking about turning around to see if she was still there. When I pulled in the garage I even thought of pulling out and driving back to the 7-11.

But I didn't. I wish I could have had more courage to take a chance and say HI to her. But sometimes I get really afraid. What if she isn't gay? I think I am still working on my gaydar because sometimes it is so off. In fact, I think Lynilu has better gaydar then me.

Ironically I was given a Courageous award today by Lynilu. I could have really used some of that courage today.

Tomorrow I think I will need another Slurpee around the same time, so you know where I will be around 5:15pm tomorrow night.

I hope she is there.

8 comments:

Lynilu said...

Welllllll, that wasn't really what I had in mind when I sent that award!!! That is what I would call "guts"!!!! but you can use it as you need, dear girl!! :)(:

Bella said...

Good luck tomorrow!

Kim said...

I don't know Caroline, I don't think you should feel cowardly about that...that kind of situation is hard for ANYONE! And add onto that the fact that you don't know her orientation, that makes it doubly so. I think happening buy there for slurpies is a great idea...who knows what could happen!

You know what's weird! I think I know exactly where you're talking about. My sisters live near KC, and we always drive by a 7-11 and they say "That's the only 7-11 in the whole city!" So, that must be it! :)

Monogram Queen said...

Hey maybe she will be there tomorrow. Ya never know and it gives you something to look forward to!

Minnesota Nice said...

I can't drink Slurpees, I always get a wicked brain freeze. Be careful! :)

Minnesota Nice said...

Ok this may seem cornball but you could post a "missed connection" on Craigslist.

SassyFemme said...

Next time go for it, you've got nothing to lose! :)

Go back same time tomorrow, you never know!

One Messed Up Chick said...

good luck tomorrow :)